5 speed gearbox bearings

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:46 am

Just found this on my laptop and thought it a good idea to post here before I wipe the laptop...

Sales_Receipt_1004_from_Bearing_Source.pdf
(75.37 KiB) Downloaded 223 times

John ;-)
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:56 am

Thanks.

Perhaps in this age, it's best to remove your address.
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:17 am

Thanks

But I've got nothing to hide , begging letters will go straight in the bin.. :lol:

John ;-)
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:38 pm

John,

Like you I am an old man with nothing to hide. However, my daughter advises me to destroy anything with my name and address. I don’t understand why, but trust her completely, she is brighter and better educated than I am.

Hope this helps,

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:37 pm

john.p.clegg wrote:Just found this on my laptop and thought it a good idea to post here before I wipe the laptop...

Thanks John, useful information to have recorded.

RichardHawkins wrote: I don’t understand why,

I think the main risk is identify fraud. People use your information to take out credit cards and loans in your name, spending the money. When it is not repaid the banks come after you and you have to prove it was fraud which isn't easy, quick or fool proof. Worse case is you fail and the banks comes after you to repay..

Your name and address isn't too much of a concern but when they are able to get other information to go with it it becomes more of a problem. Like maybe phone numbers, which bank(s) you bank with, names, phone numbers and DOB of family members or business you use that might have had data leaks etc. Then they are getting information they could use.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: