'Safety' drive shafts

PostPost by: HCA » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:42 am

I am definitely convinced!

The good thing about lockdown is that one need not feel guilty surfing the web all day - it is exactly what they want you to do! So I did some good research on the subject and coupled with a short PM chat with JonB have settled on a pair of shafts from Mick Miller/Kelvendon as I prefer cv to u/j, and these showed best value. Trouble is that both appear to have shut up shop for a while.
Hal Adams
Evora S
Elan +2
HCA
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:54 am

I understood that Sue miller is still working on a mail order basis only, but as her CV shafts are made by Kelveden, then stocks may be depleted. She does not open on Fridays.
Try her again on Monday, or even this morning. Best of luck
Eric in Burnley
1967 S3SE Type 45
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:09 am

I suggest you fit TTR top Diff Mounts + a Diff Brace like on Sprints.
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: HCA » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:23 am

Thanks Eric - I sent them a mail and let her come back when she is ready. Everything is very uncertain at present, so best in my opinion to let everything run its course.

The car will not be running before I get a pair anyway! Certainly not if I run the risk of snapping off the caliper :shock: :shock:

Alan, my goal is to drop the chassis, get the engine and gearbox really smart, and assuming I can get 150bhp, then replace the diff with a 3.5. This is maybe a year off, so I will be collecting advice up to then. I shall remember your points, thanks!
Hal Adams
Evora S
Elan +2
HCA
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: