CV Driveshaft kit

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sun May 24, 2015 12:48 am

nomad wrote:
rgh0 wrote:I believe the standard S1 shafts had a smaller PCD for the donuts than the later cars ( though they used the same donuts) so you may need to replace the shafts to match the CV kits unless they will make them for the smaller PCD as a special. However as observed by others you probably want to replace the diff output shafts with later ones wth the later PCD at least if its not already been done as they are a weak point.

cheers
Rohan

Doesn't really matter but I thought the early donut PCD was larger than the later???

Kurt.
26/3754

Hi Kurt
Yes maybe it was larger ???

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vstibbard » Sun May 24, 2015 7:39 am

I'd try these guys in the states, http://www.chequeredflagracing.net/LOTU ... S_A229.php

He makes some lovely parts, I've bought alloy flywheel from him and plan on a set of his CV's and claims to be the supplier to Rd and Dave Bean from memory. the replace the dif output shaft which I like as it allows for the longest shaft, less parts and replaces typically twisted output shafts

Cheers

V
vstibbard
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: l10tus » Mon May 25, 2015 8:12 am

My Feb 72' Sprint didn't have the safety pegs fitted and seemed original, when replaced with the Sue Miller shafts FWIW.

Regards,

Phil.
Philip.

UK '72 Sprint DHC

Sometimes my Lotus makes me cry.
l10tus
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: