Clutch release bearing - new old stock - Sydney

PostPost by: EdHolly » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:52 pm

When I renewed the clutch in 0425 recently (and posted a photo of the old one under "wrecked clutch still working") ... I also renewed the release bearing.

I tried to get one from CBC but they had sold their last 2 in Melbourne just prior.

So when I went back to MARION BRAKES & CLUTCH to pick up the serviced pressure plate and new clutch plate I asked them if they had a release bearing with the numbers.

6 W 1-3/8

and their reply was how many do you want ! .... so I took 2 and at just $14.55 each plus GST they were cheap as chips.

Marion Brakes are at 18 Harp St Belmore 2192 and phone number is 02 97874444 Fax 97893644

Now installed and running nicely, the brand of these is FKC and when you Google them they are a company that went out of business a long time ago, so these have been sitting on the shelf for some time, but they are properly wrapped from the factory and I have found the one I used perfect.

Just thought I would pass this on for info as these can get hard to find sometimes - and they seem the right price .. Not sure entirely how many they have but got the impression quite a few ...

Ed
EdHolly
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: