BigSi restoration on Lotus Esprit Forum

PostPost by: alaric » Mon May 28, 2007 11:39 am

Hi all.

Not sure how many of you visit the Lotus Esprit Forum - I'm a member because my father has a V8 Esprit that I get the use of - so I end up getting involved with fixing it too...

Anyway, they've just secretly restored an Esprit that belongs to one of the forum members. They handed the car over at the Castle Coombe track day on Saturday. I wasn't able to be there, unfortunately. It's quite a moving tale of people ganging together to help out a fellow enthusiast. The result looks fantastic in the photos.

I'm not sure if I should post the link to the threads here, but if you're interested the forum is at http://www.lotusespritforum.com/.

Sean.
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue May 29, 2007 7:02 am

I was a Castle Combe & noticed a major gathering in the paddock.
I cought only the back end of the "hand over" which was quite emotional for the owner.
I gather there is quite a "human story" there.
Alan Morgan also witnessed it, so maybe there will be a bit in the next Club Lotus Mag'
The exterior & engine bay looked very nice.

John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alaric » Tue May 29, 2007 11:11 pm

I think that one or two of the classic car magazines are interested in doing articles on the story. There's a personal message from Mike Kimberley on the main thread that impressed me; there was mention of a revised Esprit suspension setup to be donated by the Lotus factory, and that they may be using it as a demo / trials car - assuming the owner agrees.

Sean.
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: