Another fine dashboard from Nick Martin

PostPost by: JonB » Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:44 am

In preparation for the rebuild of my S4 DHC, I ordered a new dash from Nick Martin. Took a while but it arrived last week and I've only just got round to writing about it. You may know that my build has been delayed ("stalled?") by some essential home improvements, so I hope this new item will give me the boot up the bum needed to get me back on it.

IMG_4240.jpg and
The dash arrived in a custom wooden crate. I say custom as it also contained my old dash which I'd sent for re-veneering.

IMG_4243.jpg and
It was carefully wrapped...

IMG_4244.jpg and
Inside, the beautiful dashboard!

IMG_4245.jpg and
A close up of the finish. Wow.

I realise that, as a burr walnut dash it's not "as original" but I make no apologies to the purists for this. I never liked the original teak finish; it looks a bit cheap to me. This is another superb piece of work from Nick, my last one being the Plus 2 dash I acquired, and I'm very pleased with it.

If you want to contact Nick to order something for your car, PM me and I will send you his details. I don't want to put them on this post in toder to prevent some spambot from harvesting it. I believe he makes dashboards for Sue Miller. Not hard to see why...
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: