Spyder company UK (need new glasses) or bigger ones helllppp

PostPost by: kandoo1 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:42 pm

Hello folks: Could/can anyone figure out what the Spyder or _____ part # is on this (see doc file scan/pic) of a purchased here locally in San Francisco from a Lotus dealer on March 31-1990. My brain see's only what looks to be 26 A07- - -.S' or ?
Much appreciated if anybody can help.
Yours Kandoo1
Attachments
!Bf l l 61 h 10ffl.jpg and
kandoo1
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:47 am

It looks like it says "Spyder chassis kit" so that is probably what it is and price is about right for that.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: oldelanman » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:04 am

Chassis Part No.png and

26A0701 is the part number for a Lotus chassis, the suffice 'S' possibly added by the dealer to indicate a Spyder chassis.
Roger
S4 DHC
oldelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: kandoo1 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:27 pm

THANKS so much for amazingly quick and defining answer Roger : )
I just tried to PM you twice and it doesn't go through.
How is it done. I'm a fresh new member only one day. Don't know the ropes yet.

'Answer': Now fully comprehend why the Spyder UK factory welded in # on the front of the frame does not match that part #. And why should it? Aye : )
The welded # (SPY----) 4 digits # is obviously the frames particular to that frames Identification # (even though it is 30 years old by now); actually March of 1990 when purchased here locally makes it over 30 years by now.

Q: On the RHS of your attachment is typed UP TO 7894 (please this means)?
Yours Kandoo1

PS: It's too expensive to export world wide from California; but how do I find a West coast buyer/user for this unit (which is in 99% perfect unused condition); still with the alloy Spyder tag on it and basically taken out of the wooden crate it was in; in 1990 and then dry stored privately until now.
(My feelings is): Any back east interested parties would not do well paying the reasonable price I would ask for this magnificent 'like new' condition frame, plus the shipping unless they drove here to pick it up.
kandoo1
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:28 pm

kandoo1 wrote:I just tried to PM you twice and it doesn't go through.

I think you need to have ~5 posts to be able to send PM's.

kandoo1 wrote:The welded # (SPY----) 4 digits # is obviously the frames particular to that frames Identification # (even though it is 30 years old by now);

Yes, SPY----- is the serial number for the chassis not the part number.

kandoo1 wrote:Q: On the RHS of your attachment is typed UP TO 7894 (please this means)?

It is reference to when that part was used. In this case cars up to chassis number 7894 got the original version of that part, after 7894 they got an updated part.

kandoo1 wrote:how do I find a West coast buyer/user for this unit

If you want to sell it you can put a post in the "for sale" section of this site, adding a few photos is always a good idea. For sale section:
viewforum.php?f=33

There was recent post for someone looking, so might be worth putting a comment on that thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=51209
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: kandoo1 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:35 pm

mbell
Cool 'wow'; Johnny on the spot (I like it Roger; who was umpteen helpful is probably asleep by now).

OK Mucho gracias (that's Canadian for a Canadian living in Norther California) for over 35 years now he he...

Thanks mbell in TX. PS: (I used to live there in the late 80's in Houston area).
THANKS and then some and extra thanks.
I'm getting happier day by day that I joined this site.

OK will do I have lots of excellent high pixel strength honest and candid type pic's and obviously I have receipts. And I have the ID# etc., etc. But busy office work today; so I'll get on this soon.
T T U later
Yours Kandoo1
kandoo1
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: kandoo1 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:57 pm

Yo: Folks...
Just sent this to the LA guy who had a dream. Heck I (might as well share this one pic)
Yours Kandoo1
Attachments
!Bf l l 61 h 10av.jpg and
kandoo1
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: kandoo1 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:39 pm

Cannot figure out how to work PM's.
I just sent Simon (the interested in the Spyder frame I have here my response and it hit all dead zones and by now I'm getting a little frustrated with this PM 9doesn't work for me) system.
Yours Kandoo 1 : (
kandoo1
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: oldelanman » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:34 am

kandoo1 wrote:Cannot figure out how to work PM's.
I just sent Simon (the interested in the Spyder frame I have here my response and it hit all dead zones and by now I'm getting a little frustrated with this PM 9doesn't work for me) system.
Yours Kandoo 1 : (

Not sure what issue you are having but be aware that messages remain in your OUT box until they have been read by the recipient, only then will they appear in your SENT box.
Regards
Roger
S4 DHC
oldelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: kandoo1 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:05 pm

OK Thanks Roger : )
I'll keep at it...
Kandoo1
kandoo1
First Gear