S2 window locks ?

PostPost by: wolfchen » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:47 pm

another member mentioned to me that his s2 has a sort of tang or lock that holds his windows in the up position, mine seems to lack this refinement .Only gravity/ friction interface on my S2, Is there a photo showing this setup

Jeffrey Vogel
wolfchen
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: quaybook » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:58 am

My S2 windows have a very simple catch which drops by gravity into a notch in the back edge of the window glass when it is fully raised so that the glass cannot be pushed down without lifting the catch, thus effectively locking the glass in place as far as those on the outside of the car are concerned. The outsider will than have to go to the trouble of lifting a couple of the hood tenax fasteners, put their hand inside the car to lift the catch or open the door if they want to get access!

Vernon
Elan S2 26/5614
Alfa Romeo Alfetta Berlina 1974
Westfield 7SE
quaybook
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 661 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:11 pm

Graeme
S4 SE
S2 GTS
Caterham 420R
Sold - Peterson JPS Exige
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: wolfchen » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:10 pm

quaybook wrote:My S2 windows have a very simple catch which drops by gravity into a notch in the back edge of the window glass when it is fully raised so that the glass cannot be pushed down without lifting the catch, thus effectively locking the glass in place as far as those on the outside of the car are concerned. The outsider will than have to go to the trouble of lifting a couple of the hood tenax fasteners, put their hand inside the car to lift the catch or open the door if they want to get access!

Vernon

my S2 has no such catch that I can find ? only the counter balance spring holds window up as far as I can see
Jeffrey
wolfchen
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Slowtus » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:31 pm

My S2 also lacked and locking mechanism, a folded piece of cardboard wedged into place kept the window in the correct position. I eventually went Hi tech on it and used a small rubber wedge.
Slowtus
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: