Plus2 Heater Cable Adjustment

PostPost by: gwiz22 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:28 pm

Has anybody got any tips on how to adjust the heater cables on a Plus2S 130? I cannot seem to get the Hot/Cold lever to traverse from one end stop to the other. I can set it to be hard up against the HOT end (LHS) of the slider but as I slide it over to the COLD (RHS) it stops around 75-80% of the way across. I've fiddled about with the screw type adjuster at the heater end on the cable and also at the lever end but to no avail. The manual say, and I Quote "Should be adjusted to ensure the that the flap covering the heater matrix is fully open when the control lever is at 'HOT' and fully closed with the lever at 'COLD'."

The attached pictures show the Air Temp lever and the travel distance is approx 25mm. The pictures of the lever show it at the fully over to the LHS (when viewed from the dashboard) I.e. pulling the flap to the OPEN position, therefore hot. The red tape is simply a market. The other picture of the lever shows it in the fully to the RHS which would place the flap in the closed COLD position, The travel movement of the cable is approx 31mm. Hence the lever not being able to make the full travel from side to side. Any would be grateful if anybody has come across this issue and managed to fix it. Lastly, just to check could someone with a Plus2 confirm that the air temperature lever should have full movement from the HOT to COLD sides.
Thanks
Graham
Attachments
P1080338.JPG and
Flap Closed RHS End Stop
P1080337.JPG and
Flap Open LHS End Stop
P1080336.JPG and
Flap Closed COLD
P1080335.JPG and
Flap Open HOT
gwiz22
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: bill griffiths » Fri May 29, 2020 4:57 am

flushcone.jpg and
I had a similar problem.
Some years ago I reported using a rubber toilet fitting at the back of the face vents.
They are designed to go between a pan and the pipe from the cistern! (AND between the face vents and
the heater outlet at least on a Plus 2.)
The larger end has an inner diameter of about 64 mm. the smaller end an outer diameter of about 55mm.
I then used a concertina type light flexible pipe to go from the small end to the heater.
The flexible tube has an inner diameter of 60mm.and so the small end needed to be wrapped with some suitable tape so the flexible pipe became a push fit over the smaller end.
At 60mm they are a loose fit where they locate into the hole in the sides of the heater. I located them there with a small amount of silicon.
THEN I found I could not get the heater control to work across its full range!
The reason took some finding but I had pushed the 60mm tube a little too far into the heater hole on the off side.
Easily adjusted!
Hope this might assist!!
Regards
Bill
bill griffiths
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: gwiz22 » Sat May 30, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi Bill
Thanks for taking the trouble to share your experience on this matter. I've got the dash and steering column back now so don't want to take it all out again. However, I had the problem with no concertina type tubing connected to the heater so I don't think that was the case in my situation. also I can hear the flap hitting each end of the housing as I pull the dash lever back and forward across the it's field of travel.
Regards
Graham
gwiz22
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: