Elan S4 RHD Pedal box area pattern

PostPost by: redhatman » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:28 pm

The area of the drivers side footwell which fixes the pedal box assembly to the front face of the body received a GRP repair, which when completed covered over all the existing holes for the master cylinders, steering rack and heater hose, unfortunately with no pattern or template made to help when being reinstated. Would anybody be able to supply either a pattern or perhaps a photograph with usable dimensions...?

Redhatman.
redhatman
New-tral

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:57 am

Redhatman,

I see no one has replied with the information you need. My car is still in pieces, and I can tape a piece of paper or card on the engine side or the bulkhead and draw around the holes from the drivers side. On my vehicle, with a light in the engine bay I can see where the holes would for a left hand drive car.

Where are you?

I am in Lincolnshire UK.

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: TrevorJones » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:09 pm

Hi Redhatman
Please see attachment, I made this rough copy of my S3 (rhd) bulkhead before carrying out similar repairs to yourself. I hope the attachment will print out on an A4 sheet so should be good to cut around the outline and stick it onto your bulkhead, please put it against your peddle box frame to make sure the copy is faithful before cutting any holes :D . I have run the oil pressure pipe in aeroquip pipework with a bulkhead fitting (Press).
Attachments
s3 drive side bulkhead .jpg and
S3 RHD bulkhead
TrevorJones
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: redhatman » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:24 am

Many thanks to both Richard and Trevor for your offers of patterns.. I've sent private Pm's

Regards

Redhatman.
redhatman
New-tral

Total Online: