Gross vehicle weight - Elan+2

PostPost by: HCA » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:19 am

Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer quoted gross laden weight of the +2?

The wretched French bureaucracy is knocking back my registration because my submission is wrong (I just added curb and an arbitrary figure for a mum, dad and 2 kids..). The annoying thing is that they will have this on file, but just like playing games and wasting time :roll: And we just go along with it for a quiet life :D

I cannot find anything on tinternet beyond the kerb weight...

Thanks
Hal
Hal Adams
Evora S
Elan +2
HCA
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Lyn7 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:19 pm

Hi Hal. What exact part of the bureaucracy are you having trouble with? F.F.V.E. or the Ants site? I don't recall having problems with weights. Are you trying to register the car as a "vehicule de collection"?
Cheers, Lyn.
Lyn7
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Elseezed » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:16 pm

M. O. T. Stations have a 'Autodata' brake testing chart on the wall, listing vehicle weights. Assume it lists gross weights. +2 listed as Elan 2.
Elseezed
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: HCA » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:34 am

Hi Lyn - it is the FFVE. If your car does not have a CoC and it is 30 years old, one must go through FFVE to get a CiC before ANTS will accept the request. There are two lines on page 2 requiring the gross weight - also known as PTAC. Apparently this is an EU thing. British cars never bothered with it. I just left the boxes blank.

I visited my local CT man this morning with whom I have a love-hate relationship. He pointed out that at fonctionaire school, they were taught that all boxes must have an answer. Even if it is a picture of Mickey Mouse. My empty boxes rang alarm bells! He suggested I put in the kerb wt plus two adults and a couple of children - 990kg. This I have done and sent it off!

Still continuing to search though, I now see the same problem happened years back when someone wanted to import a baby Elan into Austria. Same thing, made up a figure of 900kgs and it flew through!

Thanks for the link Elseezed - I may not need the reference now, but a useful fact to remember.
Hal Adams
Evora S
Elan +2
HCA
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nmauduit » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:38 pm

HCA wrote:Still continuing to search though, I now see the same problem happened years back when someone wanted to import a baby Elan into Austria. Same thing, made up a figure of 900kgs and it flew through!

as it happens, 900kg was indeed the exact max gross laden weight of my S4 as indicated on the document supplied by the Lotus Archive Service for registering it in France after importing it from the US...
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanman999 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:04 pm

Hal,
A late version of the user manual puts the kerb weight at 946kg. My own early +2 is 874kg.
Cheers
John
elanman999
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: