Elan S2 door surround trim

PostPost by: PaulH » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:52 pm

More Elan S2 assembly video. Continuing with the interior this time the trim that covers the frames around the door opening. You'd think it would be incredibly simple, but even this has a slight kink in it :)

https://youtu.be/KaUH83Jg5KE
66 Elan S2
PaulH
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: SpeedModel » Thu May 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Thank you for the excellent video Paul. It is helpful.

Eric
SpeedModel
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: benymazz » Wed May 15, 2019 1:20 pm

I would like to say that your video series is extremely helpful. It seems like whenever I reached a point on my restoration in the past few months where I think to myself "hmmm, I wonder how other people have done this" you posted a video that helped me come up with a solution!

Making a video series was something that I wanted to do during my restoration but unfortunately my schedule got very compressed due to an unseasonably long and cold winter in upstate New York that prevented me from working on it for almost two months. I'm glad to see that someone has taken it on. As a young Elan enthusiast/owner/restorer, preserving the knowledge of the older generation of Elan experts is something that is very much on my mind.
1965 S2 26/4623
Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.
"I'm never gonna financially recover from this"
benymazz
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Wed May 15, 2019 2:47 pm

I particularly liked the sounds of the birds!
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Frogelan » Wed May 15, 2019 3:44 pm

Very useful Paul.

By having a wreck and only looking over racers, the concept that the Elan had soundproofing or interior parts is new to me !

Andrew
1965 Lotus Elan S2 26/4022 (originally Dutchess Lotus East, PA and NJ Area, USA)
Frogelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: