Under bonnet foam

PostPost by: 72plus2 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:44 am

I am having a hard time sourcing the foam for under the bonnet. Mine fell off recently (fortunately not while I was driving) :!: . This is the foam piece that prevents air from traveling over the radiator, rather than through it whent the bonnet is cosed. I tried some local stores but none of them stock foam. Where can I get a suitable replacement?

Thanks

Chris 72 +2 s130
72plus2
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: jayrz » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:45 am

Try a postage/shipping shop. I found a piece of 3"x3"x4' shipping foam used inside a appliance box. Already had two sided tape on one edge so all I had to do was stick it to underside of hood above radiator. Made a definate difference.
jayrz
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:19 am

In Australia you can find rubber supply shops that can supply all sorts of rubber straps, sheet, foam etc. That is where I normally source foam for radiator and closed cell neoprene foam to replace the fibre mat between chassis and body and nay other genric type of rubber I need. I would presume something simlar exists elsewhere in the world ?

Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Hamish Coutts » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:06 pm

The usual suspects stock the foam - Mattys, SJ Sportscars, Christopher Neil.

Regards,

Hamish.
"One day I'll finish the restoration - honest, darling, just a few more years....."
Hamish Coutts
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: