door check

PostPost by: phatmendus » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:53 am

hi, I have been trying to find a driver side door check for my plus 2 as they can no longer be bought. Somebody said they were the same ones on a rover 2000? Can somebody confirm this for me or if anybody has one going spare it would be a great help.

I also need one of those coat hook bolts which have the small lotus badge on it. again if anybody has one spare can they let me know.

Thanks

Simon
phatmendus
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Si_130/5 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:40 am

Hi Simon,

Those bolts were selling for crazy money 2nd hand on ebay but now they are available again - I've got the first pair, speak to Don in Chris Neil's parts dept on 0161 41481. You get the bolt with the badge attached, chrome spacer and washer. I can send you a photo if you like.

Best wishes,
Si
Si_130/5
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Hamish Coutts » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:04 pm

Simon,

Make sure you use plenty of copperslip when you fit the bolts. I've just had to take off the side panel to get at the seat belt thingie. The coathook nut was seized onto the bolt and I had to mangle the whole thing to get it off. :(
Will fit new ones now they are available. They'll look much better than the bolts I used.

Regards,

Hamish.
"One day I'll finish the restoration - honest, darling, just a few more years....."
Hamish Coutts
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: phatmendus » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:40 pm

Thanks for the info. I spoke to Don at Christopher Neils. He is very helpful, but the price of ?20 excl. VAT seems a large sum for a nut and bolt however special? Is that the same price you paid or was I mis-quoted?

Simon
phatmendus
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john-c-elan+2 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:25 pm

DOOR CHECK STRAPS ARE EX ROVER 2000/3500 P6 MODELS. I HAVE TAKEN 1 OFF SO AM SURE. RGDS jc
john-c-elan+2
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Si_130/5 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:25 pm

Sorry Simon,

To be honest , no. Mine were a bit less because they were pre production ones and didn't include the washers and spacer but I suppose if we need one and we want our cars to look good we just have to bite the bullet as usual and spend the cash. I know they are almost impossible to get second hand and when they appear on eBay they cost the same but are dirty and far from perfect.
(Surprising though it may seem from the above I don't have any shares in CN)
Regards,
Si

Thanks John - I wondered where they came from.
Si_130/5
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Hamish Coutts » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:25 pm

Simon,

I bought a couple of the tiny lotus badges to refurbish my coathooks. From memory they were ?8.00 each. Add the cost of a chromed bolt, spacer, washer and nut and you could easily get to ?20. :(

Hamish.
"One day I'll finish the restoration - honest, darling, just a few more years....."
Hamish Coutts
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: