Help on Stainless Sill trim

PostPost by: cjones60 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:57 am

Hi
My +2 (S130) came without the stainless sill trim that runs front to back beneath the doors, the trim came
with a box of spares, there's no holes in the body or clips with the trim, can this be bonded on? with
contact adhesive or double sided tape? also can anyone tell me if the flat goes to the top with the rounded edge
to the bottom? I was thinking of using sikaflex (windscreen adhesive) thanks Chris
cjones60
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: andyhodg » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi Chris

On my +2 the trim is clipped in place and the clips are pop rivetted to the sills. I had to replace rusted away clips on mine. I believe that this is the stadard method of attachment. The clips are available from all the usual suspects.

Good luck

Andy
andyhodg
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: cjones60 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:38 pm

Thanks for the info Andy, Paul Matty had some clips left and I have ordered 20, They said the later clips
are no longer available (neither is the trim). On orientation, I assume the flat part goes to the top and the
rounded end points towards the ground? thanks Chris
Attachments
trim.JPG and
cjones60
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Gordon Sauer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:08 am

Yes, angled section to top and rounded at bottom. Ten holes for rivets , about 7.5 inches apart, and one inch below door cutout--also rubber plugs each end that match the profile to keep crud out, crude but effective I guess, doesn't make it seem very finished! Gordon Sauer
Gordon Sauer
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: aussieelan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:36 am

I am missing the rubber plugs for the ends ... always wondered what went in there!

Are they available?
aussieelan
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Gordon Sauer » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:20 am

Mine seem to be just closed cell neoprene maybe since somewhat soft and they are about 3/16 thick, 3/8 wide and inch tall and rounded more on one end but seems they are just pushed in there--easy enough to make out of something. Gordon Sauer
Gordon Sauer
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: