Spyder components

PostPost by: europatek » Fri May 29, 2009 2:04 am

I was reading the Spyder Engineering website today. Regarding the 14" x 6" Minilite style wheels, the information notes that they are designed specifically for the S4 and +2. My question is:- Has anyone on this forum purchased them for an S4 and if so are they a "bolt on" replacement, or are modifications needed to fit them? Further, does the roll bar assembly fit into a FHC?
europatek
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: rdssdi » Fri May 29, 2009 11:45 am

I purchased minilite style K/O wheels from Spyder. They were manufactured by Twin Pines in the UK. At least a name similar to that. I remember that they went out of business. I also read that some of their wheels made for other cars experienced some failures. I would check with Spyder as to the wheels current availability and source of manufacture. So far my wheels are fine. I do not drive my +2 often but I have not heard of anyone having any problems with them.

Bob/
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Fri May 29, 2009 2:44 pm

rdssdi wrote:I purchased minilite style K/O wheels from Spyder. They were manufactured by Twin Pines in the UK. At least a name similar to that. I remember that they went out of business. I also read that some of their wheels made for other cars experienced some failures. I would check with Spyder as to the wheels current availability and source of manufacture. So far my wheels are fine. I do not drive my +2 often but I have not heard of anyone having any problems with them.

Bob/

Me too "Two Gates"; you weren't far off Bob. :)
My S4 doesn't get hammered too often & those wheels are still good.(I hope :roll: )
I think the wheels that Spyder sell now are from the modern "Minilite" company.
That being the case, they should be available in knock on & bolt on versions.
There was a thread on this some while ago regarding out of balance where those wheels have "conflicting" centering features; the pegs & the cone, whereas the Two Gates version has a separate, fully floating cone adapter leaving the centering relying only on the pegs.

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: