Bonnet Catches for the S1 to S3 Elan

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sat May 03, 2008 12:05 pm

Over on the Lotuselan yahoogroups, a couple of folks asked about the bonnet catches, here are a few photos and brief description of the units.

Early bonnet catch (back side of catch is not closed), there are supposed to be a nut, internal tooth washer, catch, internal tooth washer and nut on the threaded barrel.

The back side of the firewall shows the adjustment for the bonnet catch and the mount for the bonnet catch itself (lower left)

Back side of the bonnet pull (back of dashboard/facia) under the dashboard bolt and nut. The tube farthest to the left is the Choke cable.

These are a pair of bonnet pulls that I bought years ago from Don Tingle, He got them from Frank at Sports Car World in Texas. over the years they have been robbed of several washers and assorted nuts to finish off other projects but are still relitively complete.

The terminated end is end is missing both of the internal tooth washers

this end is missing only one of the internal tooth washers.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:27 pm

Nice pictures Gary...how did I miss this one?!

I was hunting for a pair of these for my S2 project for a long time, and a few months ago a pair appeared on eBay. Described as from an early Plus 2, nobody bid on them except me. The early Plus 2 of course had a single pull, just the same as a late Plus 2, but it seems that everybody believed the seller's description. There are still some bargains to be had!!

Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:41 am

I don't know Mark, I know how I miss stuff

"view new posts"

what colour paint
I ain't no saint
my clutch is stuck
oh good luck
what size tyre
clean clothes in the dryer
brake booster
little red rooster

"back"

"mark forums read"

but thats just me, If its got 22 replies and 357 views I'll go back and see what the hell that little red rooster topic is all about
Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: