Rear seat belts

PostPost by: faceman » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:29 pm

I am going to put rear seat belts in my '71 +2 but I'd like to put something in that looks like it should be there.

The Securon lap belts have chunky modern black plastic buckles etc. Does anyone have a source for something more original with slim chromed buckles like the original front seat belt setup or maybe aircraft style buckles ?
faceman
New-tral

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:41 pm

Try this link and read what other have already posted, it may answer some of you questions. it will give you something to do while waiting for other replies.

http://www.lotuselan.net/cgi-bin/search ... oom_sort=0
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 264889socal » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:39 pm

Another place for seat belts is: www.westcoperformance.stores.yahoo.net
They offer all kinds of vintage style belts. Even those, which incorporate shoulder harness. Small chrome latches, etc.

Rob
264889socal
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: RotoFlexible » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:46 pm

264889socal wrote:Another place for seat belts is: www.westcoperformance.stores.yahoo.net
They offer all kinds of vintage style belts. Even those, which incorporate shoulder harness. Small chrome latches, etc.

Rob

That's wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net - no "t". It's a US site. They appear to have lift-lever buckles (more retro than the pushbutton buckles. I am looking for lift-lever retractable shoulder harnesses for my car, and the best bet I've found is SeatBeltPros.com, e.g., this one. There are other sites in the US and presumably in the UK that are similar.
Andrew Bodge
'66 Elan S2 26/4869
I love the sound of a torque wrench in the morning. Sounds like... progress.
RotoFlexible
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: faceman » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:51 pm

Thanks guys. I just ordered a set of retro lap belts from www.seatbeltpros.com . $83 for two sets of lap belts, bolts to fit 'em and shipping to Ireland. I'll let you know how I get on with them when they arrive.
faceman
New-tral

PostPost by: seaandmoor » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:25 pm

could you post a photo of the ones you bought and tell us what the product code or item number was so that we can order the same if we like the look of them. Thanks.
seaandmoor
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: faceman » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:29 am

Have only just got notice they have shipped last night so should get them in a couple of days. I'll post a pic and let you know how well they fit.
faceman
New-tral

PostPost by: seaandmoor » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Hello faceman,
I'm trying (I've lost count of the times I've written this reply and the forum keeps freezing solid) but I hopr there are a couple of photos showing my rear seat belts.
They are Kangol K422C but the pins are missing on both - shows you what look like though. If any one has any pins for these buckles please let me know. Thanks.
Attachments
kangol K 422 C.JPG and
Kangol K422C.JPG and
seaandmoor
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: faceman » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:12 pm

Just got my belts today. Attached pictures . They look like just the job, I'll get them fitted next weekend hopefully.

Got them from www.seatbeltspros.com (BEAMS 60" Chrome Lift Latch Lap Belt - Code 1800-60). Just $19.90 each ($39.80 for both seats obviously) and they charged me $44.00 for shipping to Ireland Express. (They shipped with proper customs declaration so no catch for VAT or import duty). With the weak dollar at the moment this is a pretty good deal for me in Euros.

60" is the shortest they do, which is still pretty long for the back of an Elan but theyll do the job, designed for the American girth I guess rather than us svelte Europeans ;-)
Attachments
belts2.JPG and
belts1.JPG and
faceman
New-tral

Total Online: