Where's the Back Seat?

PostPost by: tbsmith » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:53 am

Yes, my car is a Federal spec, sprint model.

Brian, I felt around in there :oops: and there is a metal bracket inside which goes the full width of the headrest...feels like sheet metal.

Cheers,
Tom
tbsmith
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:51 am

elans3 wrote:all baby elan seats were of the fixed type.

This is not the case, from the cars I have seen up until the Sprint the seats did tilt up, sometime around the introduction of the Sprint Lotus then fitted a bracket to secure the seats. I use this as an indication that a car is a genuine Sprint as I have never seen a non Sprint with these brackets.
Lotus may have fitted these brackets to export cars or just to Federal spec cars but I am not sure, I'm sure someone will correct me.
My S2 seats do tilt but my Sprints did not, well they do now as I removed the brackets as it makes access to the rear better.
Below is a pic of the Sprint seat securing brackets I removed.
Attachments
sprint seat brackets.JPG and
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Schrodinger » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:36 pm

mopho wrote:Drilled through the floor and then bolted the mounting brackets with large washers underneath to spread the load. I had four point belts before and this is much better

Ah, thanks, that explains it!
:D
'68 S4 Elan SE DHC ~ S1 Elise 111S ~ 2-11 GT4
Schrodinger
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: tbsmith » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:39 pm

This is not the case, from the cars I have seen up until the Sprint the seats did tilt up, sometime around the introduction of the Sprint Lotus then fitted a bracket to secure the seats. I use this as an indication that a car is a genuine Sprint as I have never seen a non Sprint with these brackets.
Lotus may have fitted these brackets to export cars or just to Federal spec cars but I am not sure, I'm sure someone will correct me.
My S2 seats do tilt but my Sprints did not, well they do now as I removed the brackets as it makes access to the rear better.

My car is a Sprint and doesn't have the tracks. That doesn't mean the PO didn't remove them. I will check and see if there are holes in the floor pan.

Does anyone in the US have a set of brackets they don't want anymore?

Tom
tbsmith
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tbsmith » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:57 am

I checked and my car does have the holes where the seat tracks used to be. So does anyone have any they don't want anymore?
tbsmith
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: