Rear Seat Belts

PostPost by: stuartgb100 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:14 pm

I'm assuming the jack is positioned under the rear-most part of the cill.

Regards,
Stuart.
stuartgb100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:39 pm

sgbooth wrote:I'm assuming the jack is positioned under the rear-most part of the cill.Regards,Stuart.

That jack/support is at the front of the wheel, look carefully and you can see the diff flange at the front and the hand brake linkage at the rear.There is no problem there.
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: M100 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:20 pm

It confused the hell out of me too. I think it's the one pointed to by the green arrow and not the one pointed to by the red arrow (as I first thought)

Another area the +0 scores over the +2.... no confusing rear belts :)
Attachments
t_plus_2_rear_suspension_compressed_126b.jpg and
Martin
72 Sprint DHC
M100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: pcosta » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:02 am

Thank you Rohan!! You were very helpfull!!!

Now it seems clear to me that the late elans are ready to take a lap (only two fix points) seat belt in the rear.
In order to improve the children safety, I'm going to buy the spyder kit to have a shoulder fix point too.
Maybe I'll do the same as Mathew and just use one of the top fix points.

Now I'll only need to find some seat belts. I know TRS have 4 point harness, but I think I prefer 3 point ones. But I think I can find them here in Portugal.

Thank you all!

Best Regards

Paulo Costa
pcosta
New-tral

PostPost by: rgh0 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:41 pm

I dont think I would want to support the Plus 2 at the rear of the wheel well let alone go to all the trouble of trying to make the struts fit on backwards even if it does lower the polar moment of inertia to improve handling !!

For those not familiar with plus 2's the bolt at the rear holds the battery mounting bracket in the boot

regards
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Mon May 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Salut

Are both plates the same for the lap-belt mountings? A quick call to parts at Paul Matty suggested differently but I can't see what the difference would be. I suggested to the parts guy that the inside ones had captive/welded nuts and he seemed to agree, but they're cheaper which doesn't make sense.

As for the third point has anyone fitted on a CN cabriolet?

Thanks

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: rdssdi » Mon May 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Spyder rear belts
Attachments
rearbelts.jpg and
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Tue May 10, 2011 5:20 am

OK, thanks for the picture - do the belt ends go completely under the shelf? Would there be room for hidden inertia reels?

I'd still like to know if the inboard and outboard lap belt plates are the same/different.

@+

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: rdssdi » Tue May 10, 2011 11:37 am

The "shoulder" ends of the seat belts attach on top of the shelf. The Spyder kit includes a fabricated crossmember that installs between the shock towers below the shelf.

The "waist" ends of the belts attach using the same attaching plates. I purchased new plates from Spyder along with the shoulder belt kit.

Bob
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Tue May 10, 2011 12:44 pm

Vernon
As far as my car is concerned the inner and outer sets of plates are the same. Each set consists of one plain plate for the interior of the car and one plate with welded nuts for the exterior of the car
I have Susan Miller 3 point seat belts as pictures below.

Bon Courage!

Terry
PS we have just had someone drop out of our Charente Maritime event this weekend ......anybody interested!
Attachments
Inside.JPG and
Bracket viewed from wheel arch.JPG and
Bracket viewed from boot.JPG and
Rear Window View.JPG and
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tdafforn » Tue May 10, 2011 5:40 pm

Just a note...
I was told that the shoulder straps should cross above the head of the child.
Cheers
tim
1972 +2S130
tdafforn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Wed May 11, 2011 6:08 am

Thanks for the replies Bob, Terry

The problem is that the CN cabriolet doesn't have a parcel shelf so I'll have to come up behind the seat with a fixed belt, or if there is room an inertial reel but I'll probably have to make an opening in the rear lip of the back seat. I saw some seat belt hole opening trim somewhere so that's a possibility.

OK, here's a question that may get a reaction: anyone used the metal brace behind the seat to fix their belt?

@+

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:47 am

Salut rear-seat-belt-experts

I've started investigating by eye for that elusive third (and fourth?) anchor point for rear seat belts - I have a +2 cabrriolet. Two options came to mind:

1. Fix a normal plate on the opposite side of the wheel arch/suspension tower wall referenced to the front seat belt reel. This appears to be the area that both Spyder and Susan Miller use. I can't mount the belt above the parcel shelf - I only have a shelf for the cabriolet part which I can't drill through for the fixing. However there appears to be room if I attach an anchor plate and the belt plate - even an inertia reel - under the triangular space under the shelf. There's reasonable room between the cabriolet shelf and fuel tank for the belt to slide through.

Not sure an inertia would ba able to slide easily without making an opening in the seat or making some kind of guide.

2.Option two use a three-point harness and fix the third point behind the fuel tank on the boot floor. The belt would then thread up and over the petrol tank.

EDIT: floor doesn't feel very thick. Maybe anchor just under the fuel tank boot side - access looks OK.

I have a three-year-old so option 2 appeals a little more. Not sure though.

Any comments appreciated.

Merci

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:42 am

Salut again for those with kids

I've been in touch with Sean at Spyder who kindly sent me photos of an install with his bracket in a cabriolet, but I don't like it as it means drilling holes in the hood tray for the anchor points to come through and cutting slits in the tonneau.

However I've come up with another idea which could be a goer - a steel tube welded to mounting plates fixed to the top rear of the suspension towers arch running between the petrol tank and hood tray - there looks to be enough room. Then a three or four-point harness with wrap-around fixing for the shoulder. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:17 am

the seatbelts were only lap seatbelts as an option.
i just used the rear middle lap seatbelts from 2 Renault Clios from a carbreaker's.
they were easy to fit to the existing plates. they were like new as many small cars which never carry 5 people
Alan B
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: