boot interior

PostPost by: rdssdi » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:20 am

As my +2 nears the end of its restoration, I am lacking some finish details. I need to see photos of an original +2 boot interior. I have one half of the boot floor, fore and aft floor supports and nothing else. I need to see how the rear of the boot was finished. Whether the battery is covered by the floor and carpet trim details. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you.
Bob
1969 Elan +2 (LHD Federal)
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Si_130/5 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:53 pm

Hello Bob and well done on your restoration.
I am only familiar with the S models and I'm sure there are differences but perhaps my photos will be of some help.

A carpeted panel (90 degree, metal) frames the boot lock at the horizontal lip of the boot and drops vertically to the boot floor covering the backs of the rear lights. (boot rear.jpg)

The battery on the S model is hidden under the floor and attached by a clamp which is still obtainable.

Hope this helps,

Best wishes,
Si

PS if anyone has a spare bracket that fits under the o/s boot hinge for turning off the boot light please PM me if you'd like to sell it.

Thanks
Attachments
ZZZ2.jpg and
boot rear.jpg and
ZZZ1.jpg and
Si_130/5
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: James » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:39 am

I have a 70 plus 2 LHD and a buddy from the club (Lotus Car Club of British Columbia) has a 69. Perhaps we can be of some help. I'll try and get some pix for you...I'm pretty sure I have all the covering/pieces for mine, just haven't bothered putting them together (other priorities.) Not sure what my buddy's looks like. Most of the guys use electric wheelchair batteries (gel) for size and weight advantages.
James
New-tral

PostPost by: alaric » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:23 am

Thanks for that. The pics are very useful. My restoration is at a similar stage and I too have only one of the wooden floor panels. I also only had one of the coat hooks - took some time to find one...

Sean.
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Dave-M » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:20 am

My car is complete and I would be happy to trace around the wooden floor panels and do drawings of the mounting brackets, In fact I think I have a spare set somewhere,.The templates and a few pics should help you on your way.
Won't be able to do it till the week-end though.
Let me know.
Regards
Dave
Dave-M
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: rdssdi » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:36 pm

This is my fifth attempt to post a reply.

I would be most appreciative if I could get pictures of the rear boot finisher off the car. A dimensioned drawing would be great.

I have had a variety of responces from the Lotus suppliers here in the U.S..

Thanks

Bob
1969 Elan +2 (LHD Federal)
[/list]
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: