+2 Trim

PostPost by: wilsongt » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:12 pm

Hello

I am looking for a couple of items, perhaps people could point me in the right direction?

1. The under-door sill trim brightwork + clips/mounts. A source for original or alternative items?

2. The under-dash trim, left and right ie the padding/trim between your legs and the wooden dashboard. Both passenger and driver side

Any advice (or offer to sell) gratefully received

Regards,
Glenn
wilsongt
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Matt » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:28 pm

Genn

The under-door sill trim I would keep an eye out on ebay, the clips are available from Christopher Neil

The under-dash trim, left and right, I have them for sale.

What years your +2 ?

Matt
1967 Elan S3
1970 Elan S4 Sprint
1972 Europa TC
1973 Elan +2 s130/5
1978 Esprit S1
1981 Esprit S2.2
Matt
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: wilsongt » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:53 pm

Hello Matt, many thanks for the advice. Andy from Spyder did suggest that the 70's ELite/Eclat sill trim, cut back a little, would make a suitable alternative. Anyone tried this, or seen it done?

It is a 68, but with a +2S dash, as far as I am aware`from my limited knowledge. (2 sets of 3 minor gauges). Will the trim you have for sale fit? Happy for PM if you prefer

Regards
Glenn
wilsongt
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: ppnelan » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:43 am

I have a pair of Elite sill trims on my +2. I bought them at Donnington last year. They are the 'rounded-section' type which I think look better on a 'rounded' +2 than the (original?) 'angular-section' ones - these look better on the 'angular' Elite/Eclat.

They had to be cut back a bit, and I shaped & folded the ends over to close them off. This avoids using the 'unpleasant' bit of foam that the orignals have.

The metal clips came from Christopher Neil. They are proper +2 ones to go with the angular-section trim which is probably why they were so tight to fit... The Elite/Eclat ones are plastic.

:arrow: Matthew
ppnelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: