S4 window motor mounting / weather strip

PostPost by: JonB » Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:59 pm

Hi! Couple of Qs...

I'm looking for a way to strengthen the window motor mounts on my S4. Came across this thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9528 but the photo is missing. Anyone got any ideas? I'm looking to prevent the "wobble" when the doors are closed and inertia causes the heavy motors to flex on the bottom rail.

Secondly, is there a weather strip (external window trim) like the Plus 2 rubber "wiper" trim that can be fitted to the S4? As original mine came with felt strips, same inside and out, and I don't think they are going to keep much rain out of the inside of the door. Concern is not so much for the bottom rail, which I've stripped and painted, but the window motors and mechanism - I want to keep the rain off.

Before anyone says it, yes, I know they used to stick a plastic bag over the motor body to protect it.. I'll be doing that too.

Cheers
JonB
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: oldelanman » Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:46 pm

I'm looking for a way to strengthen the window motor mounts on my S4. Came across this thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9528 but the photo is missing. Anyone got any ideas? I'm looking to prevent the "wobble" when the doors are closed and inertia causes the heavy motors to flex on the bottom rail.

Here's what I did, it works a treat .....

Driver door window motor steady bracket 005.jpg and
Driver door window motor steady bracket 004.jpg and
Roger
S4 DHC
oldelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:50 pm

......and what I did.
Attachments
motor bracket.JPG and
motor bracket 1.JPG and