TRUNNION DUST / SEAL COVERS NOS

PostPost by: 512BB » Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:12 am

Someone a month or so ago was having a little moan about currently available rubber trunnion covers only lasting a couple of years before perishing. Well, whilst I was looking out a vertical link for Robbie, with a new trunnion, I thought I would offer a pair of covers to the moaner :lol: I think it was Richard Hawkins. Just kidding Richard. They are about 30 years old and actually made of real rubber. I fitted some to one of my cars a few years ago, still perfect. So if you still need these, they are a tenner posted, or anyone else if Richard does not want them.

Leslie

What a pitch, and all for a tenner! Hard times, winter fuel allowance cut and all that. I hope you got what you wanted when those of you who voted Labour now realise what you have done.
Attachments
P1010001(100).JPG and
P1010002(94).JPG and
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:56 pm

Hi Les

You make a good point about the covers. The political debate is for the pub. Anyway, I'm off to check mine - I expect they are original. The new ones seem to be made of a soft-ish sort of plastic. I expect that is why they are rubbish.

Best
JonB
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:14 pm

Leslie,

You are correct what a memory. I am getting closer to putting the wheels back on the car and would be changing these seals again.

How do you want payment?

Richard Hawkins
Last edited by RichardHawkins on Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:56 am

'The political debate is for the pub. Anyway, I'm off to check mine - I expect they are original. The new ones seem to be made of a soft-ish sort of plastic. I expect that is why they are rubbish'

Thats very kind of you Jonboy. I will have a pint of Abbot, whilst we discuss the error of your ways.

Two points about old trunnion seals. They either go very hard and brittle and then do not keep water out of the trunnion as mine had, or they go to mush, due to whatever that particular type is made from not being compatible with EP90.

Good morning Richard. Just drop me a message when you are ready. I will keep a pair for you. And for you Jon if you want.

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:34 am

Leslie,

I will do that, but how do I amend a post I have already submitted?

Richard
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:35 am

Log on to the site Richard. View the post that you want to amend and on that post in the top right hand corner you will see a tab marked EDIT. Click on that and then you can so do. Then SUBMIT.

Best,

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:50 am

Leslie,

Thanks for the advice, amendment made.

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:40 pm

512BB wrote:'The political debate is for the pub. Anyway, I'm off to check mine - I expect they are original. The new ones seem to be made of a soft-ish sort of plastic. I expect that is why they are rubbish'

Thats very kind of you Jonboy. I will have a pint of Abbot, whilst we discuss the error of your ways.

Thanks Leslie, made my day with a good laugh!
:D
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: