Rollover bar

PostPost by: Bits » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi,

I have a S4 elan and I have just dropped on an unused front rollover bar made by Safety Devices and sold by TTR.
I do not have a rear rollover bar fitted - which the front one attaches too, at roof level, behind the seats.
My shell is at the painters at the moment so I can't see how it will fit at the moment.
Has anyone made a bracket to fit the front without the back?

Regards,

Mark.
Bits
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: baileyman » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:17 pm

I think you are describing this?

https://www.tonythompsonracing.co.uk/pa ... e-kit-t45/

To my knowledge the high front part cannot be installed without the rear part to attach to.

John
baileyman
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Bits » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:42 am

That's correct - I am looking at what I need to fabricate so I do not need to buy the rear rollover bar. :)
Bits
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: gav » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:57 am

Mark

if you are going to compete with the car, make sure that the rear cage is the correct diameter and steel to satisfy the blue book regs. Without a homologation certificate, you may need a larger diameter tube (I recall CDS) and potentially a thicker wall.

Not sure how a scrutineer will take to different diameters front to rear so worth some research.

Gavin
One day I'll actually finish - completely - one day....
gav
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Bits » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:09 am

Hi Gavin,

The car will be for road use, but I will be unable to resist the lure to Oulton park ( as it is not far away) to completely stretch it's legs on a track day.
I bought the front for ?200 - including a used Britax sunroof thrown in.
Spending money on a rear is not on the list unless I drop on one while the car is in "Bits". So I will be looking at making a bracket, behind the seats, to secure the ends one I have at roof level.

Regards,

Mark. :|
Bits
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: stevebroad » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:53 pm

I can't see how you can fit the front section safely without the rear part. How are you going to hold the bar that runs across the top of the screen in place? Or am I not understanding what you have?
stevebroad
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: