S1 / S2 Power Windows

PostPost by: Famous Frank » Tue May 15, 2012 4:41 am

Before I start from scratch and use up lots of time I don't have, has anyone converted the lift up manual windows in a S1 or S2 Elan to Power Windows? If so, did you utilize a kit?

Many thanks,

Famous Frank
Famous Frank

67 Elan Coupe
66 Elan S2 SE
65 Elan S2
65 Elan 26R
69 S2 Europa
06 Elise
67 Barracuda
Famous Frank
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Tue May 15, 2012 9:51 am

Frank

FWIW,

elan-archive-f16/elan-power-windows-radford-t5831.html

I tried to get detail of how Radford had achieved it for Jim Clark...maybe more info is available today...?

Cheers - Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Tue May 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Frank,
What's wrong with the ARMSTRONG powered windows that came on the S1-S2 Elans? I love mine :D :D
I have a BMW 2800 CS that has powered windows and I wait and wait while holding the button down to get them lowered or raised. Same on my Plus 2...slllooowww. I have fussed with them over and over and never touched my S2 windows.
Be careful what you wish for my friend :twisted:
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Famous Frank » Tue May 15, 2012 6:32 pm

Ross, You are probably right but in this age there must be something out there, especially from the Street rod world that would work and work well. I've just got this right should that isn't as ARMSTRONG as it use to be. Actually, I've started to brush my teeth with the other arm. And it's only when I have to reach over to open or close the passenger side. Just thought I'd ask!

On another subject, the car is soooooo close to paint, I can taste it. I can't wait. Also, have someone interested in the 67 Coupe I purchased last fall. I don't know what to ask for it. More importantly, he may want me to restore it for him. How do I price that? Probably outline everything like I do a car for me and then go with an hourly rate. I wasn't planning on selling it but???? It's complete, solid and straight. One repaint. Never been apart but needs a complete restoration. Last driven in the 80's. Here's a pic.
Attachments
Elan Cpe LS in Cary reduced.jpg and
67 Elan Coupe as purchased in Oct 11.
Famous Frank

67 Elan Coupe
66 Elan S2 SE
65 Elan S2
65 Elan 26R
69 S2 Europa
06 Elise
67 Barracuda
Famous Frank