QED Management system

PostPost by: Ianashdown57 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi,

I'm thinking about a QED management system for my Twincam which is presently being rebuilt with large valves, L1 cams, Crossflow Crank, Forged Pistons, Carrillo rods etc. My logic is that I would like a crank triggered innition system and I will have to buy new 45 DCOE's so for not much more I could have a fully injected, mapped ignition system. OK, there's a bit of extra work providing a Fuel reservoir and HP pump, a bit of plumbing etc, but I think the advantages will be worth it. QED use a DTA management system.

Has any any experience with the QED system or the DTA management? Any experience that might help my decision?

I'm not expecting more power, but a bit more flexibility. hopefully no 'holes' in the curve etc, and not being as fussy as carbs if left with our wonderful fuel for a fw weeks.

Thanks in advance,

Ian
Ianashdown57
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: holywood3645 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:19 am

Go for it Ian! but I would go as high on cc as you can, and would maybe look at more modern cams than the L1. QED Q440's or Q420's or maybe talk to John McCoy or Tony Ingram? I would think you should be looking for more torque than high end HP.
It will be sweet, either way, can wait for a run in it.

(I have Q420's in mine, 1700cc T/C) I should be stopping by your shop pretty soon

James
holywood3645
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mark030358 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:17 am

I used a DTA system when I fuel injected my Fuego Turbo based Europa S2.

Kit was great, but help from the boffin at the company when I rang for some help, was, shall we say, not exactly great. Just my opinion.

thanks
mark030358
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: qedmotorsport » Tue May 01, 2012 3:39 pm

mark030358 wrote:I used a DTA system when I fuel injected my Fuego Turbo based Europa S2.

Kit was great, but help from the boffin at the company when I rang for some help, was, shall we say, not exactly great. Just my opinion.

thanks

could you be a bit more specific about the company you dealt with - just so there are no misunderstandings.
qedmotorsport
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: mark030358 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Just so there are no misunderstandings....

The DTA kit was excellent, no question. Further I did NOT buy it from QED NOR did I contact QED for any assistance...

Maybe I was just too stupid to understand what I was being told...

I hope thats clear enough

thanks
mark030358
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: qedmotorsport » Thu May 03, 2012 9:17 am

Thank you :)

With regard to our Fuel Injection Kit, there's not a lot I can say without turning this into a sales pitch but sufficed to say, I doubt you'd find anyone with a bad word to say about it - we've certainly not had complaints. In fact, the only issue I can recall in recent times has been down to belt alignment with the toothed crank pulley...and that was seemingly due to the alignment of the customers existing wp pulley.

All in all, it's a great upgrade for a Twin Cam and aside from the performance benefits that throttle bodies have over carbs, there's also the maintenance factor - no rebuilds, no jets to play with, no points to change etc. etc.

Also, I don't know the ins and outs of the regulations over there but I seem to recall California being particularly strict when it comes to emissions - a problem that is more manageable with the mappable fuelling and ignition that our kit will offer.
qedmotorsport
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: