Metadata

PostPost by: Andy8421 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:41 am

Have noodled around this site for a number of years, I always find threads with pictures the most interesting. As I am finally embarking on a couple of restorations, I thought it was about time I posted a few pictures of my own - if only to payback everyone who has kindly posted pictures themselves.

I am however concerned about the metadata stored by my phone along with picture data being uploaded. I don't want the details of my current location, shoe size and favourite brand of soap powder uploaded along with my pictures for all to see.

Is there an easy way to strip the metadata from a JPG prior to uploading?

Thanks,

Andy.
68 Elan S3 HSCC Roadsports spec
71 Elan Sprint (being restored)
32 Standard 12
Various modern stuff
Andy8421
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: oldelanman » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:02 am

Roger
S4 DHC
oldelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanner » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:53 am

If you are using a Mac and the only items that you really want to remove are the GPS coordinates then open the picture with the default application (Preview).

Click on "Tools" and select "Show Inspector". In the pop-up window that appears select the Info icon, then select the GPS tab. You will see a "Remove Location Info" button. That will do the trick.

Nick
elanner
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:25 pm

We remove all of the non-image EXIF data from photos when they are uploaded. When an image is uploaded, we resize and optimize the image for web viewing. This process resets the EXIF data.
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: