1973 Lotus Elan +2 130/5 For Sale

PostPost by: runkthepunk » Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:11 pm

Hi guys,

I have been on the site a long while but I am more of a lurker than a talker :D

I am thinking of selling my 1973 Lotus Elan +2 130/5 it is white (I presume Cirrus but not sure as it was obviously repainted at somepoint in history)

I don't really need another car but that said I would like to get into a Triumph GT6 (I like the Mk III :shock: ) or back into an old mini again maybe a Clubman this time so the Lotus will have to make room.

Some of the main things are: Semi restoration in 2005 with a lot spent probably too much for what was done in my opinion, the car has a Spider Chassis, engine is very good, new alloy fuel tank, twin Delortos, headlights don't stay down for long (failsafe type) few cracks in the body, electrics all work :shock: and as always would benefit form continued driving and tinkering as they all can. I wanted a car that was not so good that I would be scared to use it and this is definitely to be used!

Car is located in Bournemouth and happy to chat with anyone interested. I will update the advert with some more detailed information and some 'glamorous' photos if I can but a bit busy with work at the moment

I would like a firm £15500 for the car or maybe a deal if you have a Mini or a Triumph :D

Thanks

Rob

Here are a few pictures:

runkthepunk
New-tral

PostPost by: alanr » Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:54 pm

Looks like a cheap car to me.
I think you are underpricing it!

Should go quickly.

Good luck.

Alan.
Alan
'71 +2 S130/ 5speed Type9.
alanr
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: runkthepunk » Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:40 pm

Thanks Alan!

It probably looks a little better in the photos than real life as is often the case but I think the car is priced fairly and it would be nice for it to go to someone on the forum. :)
runkthepunk
New-tral

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:41 pm

I would trade just about any Triumph for it, should be well over £20k
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:11 am

'Looks like a cheap car to me. I think you are underpricing it!'

And

'I would trade just about any Triumph for it, should be well over £20k'

Comments like these are often made on here and quite recently about a couple of other cars. Both are still for sale. Truth is, you cannot tell what a car is actually like condition wise untill you see it in the flesh, as it were, but in my experience, an owner rarely under prices his car. Normally the other way round.

Good luck with the sale.

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: