S4 for sale in Canada

PostPost by: lotusbc » Thu May 23, 2024 3:46 pm

DSC_2967.JPG and
P1030941.JPG and
P1020173.JPG and
P1030878.JPG and
P1030898.JPG and
I bought in 2018 as a stalled project, it's known history is 3 previous owners in Montreal. It is a 1969 Canadian market car titled as 1970. Mileage is about 46,000 believed original. It has covered about 9,000 miles since becoming road worthy in late 2019. The car had been stored from the late 90s when the previous owner bought it in 2015. He stated he had only driven around the block a couple times. Documentation indicates it had work done by a previous owner in 1994 including engine rebuild.
The previous owner fit the new dash, converted brakes to dual circuit, rebuilt calipers, new flex lines etc, converted to alternator, rebuilt Strombergs, rebuilt cylinder head to Sprint spec. I did the gelcoat and crack repairs and it was painted summer of 2019 It appears to have had a repair right front corner below the bumper and the small light openings I had to cut open as they had been filled in. The body is otherwise in good condition. I fit the carpets, trunk is fully carpeted, made the glass mosaic dash insert, fire extinguisher and battery cut off fitted, seat covers are original. Some electrical issues needed sorting. Window motors cleaned and greased are now working well. One window cable replaced. Fuel tank is reconditioned and sealed inside and out.
The original frame is in good condition having had a thick undercoat probably dealer applied. Now fitted Spax shocks front and rear, CV axles, new rear rotors, all new wheel and axle bearings rear. Clutch, release brg, slave cyl, braided line all new, twin fans now fitted 1 auto 1 manual, new fuel pump and press reg. New brake pads are fitted.
Everything works as it should except heater-clogged core and interior light. Needs a new top, the top as fitted has stress splits but is useable, tires are ok for another year or 2.
There are numerous upgrades, additions, alterations and cosmetic details which not all will approve of. The grey coloured accents can easily be reversed. Grill and fresh air vent are custom pieces, I have the originals. The windows frames are wrapped. I do not have original side badges.
Plus many more small tasks and troubleshooting. The car is now well sorted and runs and drives as it should. Lots of photos, before and after are available.
Included with the sale is all related parts, literature, specialty tools, lubricants, paints and more.
I am retiring from sports cars.
Asking $US 32,000, serious offers considered. Email for more info, an in depth phone conversation is suggested!
Steve Jepson, near Toronto
[email protected]" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
289-830-6699
Attachments
P1030882.JPG and
P1030598.JPG and
P1030626.JPG and
IMG_0153.JPG and
lotusbc
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: lotusbc » Fri May 24, 2024 1:53 pm

Additional reference. I restored the S4 in 1989-91. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969- ... nvertible/
I restored the 1966 Lotus Cortina in 1998-2000. Gary purchased it from me in 2003 https://www.lotus-cortina.com/photos/gd/gd2.htm
lotusbc
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: