TVE 101K yellow\white Sprint

PostPost by: deryck » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:55 pm

Dear All
The time has come to pass this on.....

In early 1973 i purchased the car from the lotus main dealer in fulborne cambs.
The car was about a year old had done 8K and the first owner was a Mr Maynard a BA pilot.
A year later i sold the car as i was about to get married and needed a deposit for our house.
25 years on at our anniversary my wife and i agreed to try and find the car.
after months of searching many phone calls ETC i found the car in Ken Myers workshop in a complete but poor condition as it had been laid up since 1985,
Ken agreed to restore the car to new condition and I took delivery about 9 months later.
The car was completely commissioned and was driven about 40 miles without any faults the MOTd
I drove the car with my wife another 10 miles and that was that it was too precious to use.
The car has been in an heated garage ever since and frequently moved and polished.
Today its almost as good as it was 25 years ago although being turnover regularly it has not been started for 10years. now in my 70,s its time for the Elan to have a new home.
The car is in Northampton my contact details are [email protected] 07802387405
I think 49500 is a fair price for a good home please contact me if you are interested for photos and further details many thanks and happy new year to everyone. Deryck and Pat Ps A new Lotus Chassis was fitted the Car was painted at SMS the engine Body and most other parts are original there were only 2 owners after me and I have copy of the original log book with my name it.
There is no battery or fue in the carl and will need full commissioning Over the years many lotus experts have seen the car and always remark its one of the best there've ever seen!
Please only genuine enquiries from lotus Enthusiasts no tyre kickers Please!
Email preferred please many thanks again
deryck
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Verve » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:27 am

WOW !

What an opportunity for someone .... even if we have too many Elans already ... sell your TV , Washing Machine , Wife ... sell anything & buy this car if you can :-) !

Deryck has been a great Custodian twice .... let`s see it go to a good home !

Paul .
Sprint Drophead , Esprit V8 , 1978 Caterham Big Valve .
Verve
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:24 pm

Having seen this car, which came off the production line at Hethel in February 1972, I can confirm it is in showroom condition.

Deryck is waiting for a dry day before he wheels out the Sprint for some decent photographs. Meanwhile, he has asked me to post these three, to whet the appetite!

Tim
Attachments
unnamed (2).jpg and
unnamed.jpg and
unnamed (1).jpg and
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: