1966 Lotus Elan FHC wreck parts for sale

PostPost by: dthompson002 » Sat May 20, 2023 10:02 pm

End over end damage to body and frame with running gear intact, Southern CA. Rebuilt engine, trans, suspension, extensive list of items. Former car show winning machine maintained by classic Lotus service dealer owner. Prime condition to all parts on the list.
dthompson002
New-tral

PostPost by: dthompson002 » Sun May 21, 2023 2:16 am

Thanks for interest in Elan parts. Assembling a list the long list of parts is going to be extensive with corresponding pricing. In the interest of time, please relay which parts of an Elan of interest you might need. Based on first come, first served, you could end up with top grade items for an upgrade.

The crash resulted from spinning off a curve straight over the edge of a steep embankment, nosing in and flipping over on its top in a creek bed with surging water, submerging us upside down. Belts free and upright, we could then breathe again. Help arrived very soon and opened the driver door for our extraction. Only minor scrapes and bruises to us.

As for the car, the damage mainly to fiberglass at the front, passenger roof, rear left and trunk lid, rocker on the same side, and slight right front suspension of about 1" offset forward at the bottom.

Surprisingly little damage to any drive train elements, steering, suspension, cabin area, instruments. We considered restoring the car but all the expenses amounted to more than expected. So the other undamaged items are up for grabs. Extraordinary quality of all elements and equipment are well worth considering, especially conveniently picked up in the area north of LA. Heavier items (engine, transmission) will be delivered in the LA Basin for a modest charge based on mileage.

In my younger days I was schooled in the vintage Lotus models by Lotus East in New York. As an authorized service dealer I dealt with many Lotus owners trusting me with my thorough knowledge and experience especially in the Elan, Europa, and Esprit models.

We also own two other Elans, Roadster 265299 and RHD FHC 366818. We also owned and sold Lotus 26100 which was front cover and thoroughly compared to the first Mazda Miata in a major British publication, Performance Car magazine, in October 1988.

We are getting lots of emails about the parts and will answer each as time permits.
dthompson002
New-tral

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Sun May 21, 2023 2:33 am

So sorry to hear this happened to you. Glad you are both in one piece.
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: dthompson002 » Mon May 22, 2023 1:43 am

Many requests for parts list for salvage parts. Unfortunately I have had no success responding through the site. If you have already requested information or plan to do so please relay your email address to me. I will provide information about your parts requests.

Currently I am stripping and cleaning parts from the wreck daily. As soon as things settle down I will post pictures of the sale items for your consideration.

My location is AGUA DULCE CA north of the LA area. If you are in the general area you are welcome to visit and see for yourself the high quality of the parts. We have two other Elans in the fleet, a 1966 Roadster in premier condition, and a RHD 1967 S3 Coupe under restoration.
dthompson002
New-tral

PostPost by: 2mAn » Mon May 22, 2023 4:27 pm

I got a chance to see Don & the wreckage this weekend. I truly wish I had the big bag of cash to really help move my project along. Still have hope I can grab some parts for my own project

Don if you need any help, LMK

-Simon
-Simon
2mAn
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: DreamsOfA26R » Mon May 29, 2023 4:53 am

Wow that is horrific news! I am glad to hear that you made it out in one piece!

I'll shoot you a PM with my email address and hopefully be able to come see you soon.
1967 Lotus Ean Racer project
1967 Lotus Type 46 Europa
1983 Mazda RX7
1982 Mazda RX7 Racer
Vintage Lotuses and Mazda rotary engines!
DreamsOfA26R
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: 2mAn » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:16 pm

I was able to go collect a few parts I needed from Don. He's gotten the car pretty well stripped down with the body & frame now on a trailer & looking for a new home. I know the engine is still around, not sure about anything else.

It was tough to see it in this shape, but so many more will live now.
-Simon
2mAn
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: