1967 Lotus Elan Plus 2 Project for sale

PostPost by: markcs » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:36 pm

IMG_3225.JPG and
IMG_3189.JPG and
IMG_3186.JPG and
IMG_3190.JPG and
This is a 1967 Lotus Elan that I bought several years ago from an estate with the aim of putting in a non elan engine or probably converting to electric. Like many other projects, I have made no progress as too busy restoring my other Elan Plus 2! I therefore am selling so someone else can give her a good home and get her on the road.

The car has been converted to a soft top at some point, I do not know by whom. The windscreen frame is cracked and loose at the base.

This is a rolling chassis that has mainly restored or new components as far as I can make out, there is a new lotus chassis with mainly new running parts including brake box, steering rack and all suspension components. The diff is fitted but there is no engine or gearbox.

The body looks very clean, no obvious signs of any damage or paint crazing, but the paint is a little rough in places.

The body is just that, a bare body with precious little else. There are no seats, internal fittings or dashboard etc.
The only body parts that are with the car are the side window frames with glass, steering column, tonneau tray and cover. Boot, bonnet and light pods are all included!

This would be a great project to build on a really good rolling chassis for a soft top with electric engine or other.

I live in mid Dorset, please feel free to drop me an email to [email protected]" target="_blank" with your tel no if you are interested in viewing or just to find out more. I am after around £5k, but prepared to negotiate!
markcs
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: