1970 Elan +2S For Sale

PostPost by: cjm527 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:23 pm

I’ve owned this car for 26 years but it needs work and I’m just getting too old to be lying underneath old cars!

John Smirthwaite did the head and fitted fast road cams soon after I bought the car in 1995. I fitted TTR driveshafts in 2007. The engine was last rebuilt in 2008/9, and a balanced -.020 crank fitted. Paul Matty gave the car a once-over a while ago and reckoned it was on an original chassis. The engine has an alternator fitted. The car had a (body-on) respray in 2016. The car’s last MoT was in February 2020 and the car has been dry-stored and hardly turned a wheel since.

The interior needs new carpets and the front seats are getting rough - splits in the stitching and new foam required. The rear upholstery is in good condition. All the instruments work except the clock (I replaced the Smiths clock with a Keinzle model, but that too has since died). The hot oil pressure is a bit suspect so possible re-shelling of the crank bearings/new oil pump required? There are the usual twincam oil leaks.

The last Club Lotus valuation was £21K, but I am open to sensible offers. The car is near Newbury.
Attachments
IMG_7520.jpeg and
IMG_7810.jpeg and
IMG_8372.jpeg and
cjm527
New-tral

PostPost by: alan.barker » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:15 pm

Looks nice Regency Red i think.
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear