Elan Coupe for sale

PostPost by: lotus66 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:01 pm

This 1969 Lotus Elan S4 Coupe has undergone a two year frame off, rotisserie restoration. It has covered approximately 400 miles since completion. The car is basically a stock spec S4 with several modifications in the name of reliability: Super starter, electric ignition and alternator conversion to name a few.

The body was separated from the frame and all in and out was stripped completely. There was very little body damage,the gelcoat was repaired and any cracks or chips were repaired properly by digging and filling. The bonnet is a new, Tony Thompson lightweight part. Painted in the original dark green, it is an outstanding job. New front and rear glass with all new weatherstrip.
The rust free frame was blasted and re-enforced using the 26R as a guide. The shock towers and joints were all strengthened. All suspension parts are new. Nothing old was reused save for the rebuilt calipers and rear A arms.There are solid driveshafts replacing the rubber dounuts.
It has the Lotus lower rear end for more relaxed cruising speeds.

The Weber head twin cam is slightly warmer than stock but very driveable. It is a hell of a motor. The Lotus 4 speed gearbox has been rebuilt.

A brand new wiring harness was installed, all gauges rebuilt or replaced as were all rocker switches and dashboard is new as well. The heater was rebuilt and works as do all fans, lights, wipers etc.

All interior panels have been redone with new carpet and headliner.It is so nice I couldn?t bear to drill into it for sunvisiors or a mirror. I do have them. The dash is beautiful. The original Colin Chapman wheel has been given a new rim in leather. New console, shift boot etc.

This is a jewel of a little car. Please call me as there really is too much to list here. The goal was to build a new Elan as one would have found in a dealers window in 1969. I have owned and restored many Elans in my lifetime and I did everything I could to make this one the best. Not just of the ones I?ve done but of all the ones I?ve ever seen. It is clean and correct inside, outside and underneath. Any inspection encouraged. I have a complete file of all receipts and photos taken at virtually every step of the process. You will not be disappointed here. 95% of it is new. I have sourced but not installed a set of Lotus 3 point seatbelts. I also have a long block Stromberg motor built by Dave Bean Engineering that was in the car when I bought it. Did a compression and leakdown on it before removing it. All was good and it ran around the shop a few times. Would be willing to do a package on the two. I?m selling a few other cars as it?s time to clear out. This is the only one I don?t want to let go of, so...The bills on this car total somewhere north of $45,000.00USD. And that is what I?m asking for it.If you've done one you know. Car is the state of Maryland, east coast time USA. Best way to reach me is by phone 240-626-9032 in the states. Don't really want to do any PM or emails.
Can assist in shipping if need be.
Attachments
img_0101.jpg and
dsc04250.jpg and
dsc04243.jpg and
lotus66
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: lotus66 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Please if you are trying to get in touch USE THE PHONE#####. The sight keeps sending me the same messages over and over
lotus66
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: