1965 S2 Project

PostPost by: ottocycle » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:28 pm

100_2625.JPG and
Change of circumstance forces sale of Elan project.

Here is what I know from the previous owner:
" Car almost completely disassembled. Was in storage both inside and out since 1982 when it was taken off the road because the wheels were cracked. It was owned by a friend of mine since 1972, I obtained the car in 1201. Engine is free and turns over. Frame original and in great shape. Body has been gently soda blasted to remove paint but nothing else. It does need work in places. Drivers seat is missing. No wheels.
Frame,body and engine numbers have been confirmed by Andy Graham, archivist at Lotus in England. Original VIN plate was not with the car, my friend says there was never one while in his ownership. A new one has been sourced from Dave Bean, and will be provided with the car along with a certificate from Lotus verifying the numbers are original. Car has a clear Virginia title."

I bought the car last year and started to clean up the parts. The nuts and bolts have been cleaned and cad plated (some look better than others).There is a scratch in the windscreen. The interior and hood are trash. Although the frame looked good and was painted, I got it sandblasted and epoxy primed, to ensure the keystone of the restoration was solid. This car is a total restoration project. Everything will need a going through. I believe everything else is there but I do not know these cars well enough to categorically say so. If you have any questions please ask.

Price: $15,000.00

I will work with the new buyer to take delivery from the shipper of his/her choice, after all funds have cleared.
I anticipate interest from Europe and I can box everything up, secure it, to an old single axle trailer and deliver it to the Port of Baltimore for roll on/roll off shipping for the cost of the trailer. Shipping to be arranged and paid for by the buyer. Any questions, PM me.

Additional photos here:
https://elancomplete.shutterfly.com
ottocycle
New-tral

PostPost by: wildbillorr » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:12 am

Where are you ? In Virginia !? I'm in Great Falls, VA, and interested.
Bill
wildbillorr
New-tral

Total Online: