Lotus Elan SE S4 1970 for sale

PostPost by: gearbox » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:16 pm

My 1969 Elan aka Eagle will be completed shortly and am reluctantly putting up Baby Blue up for sale. The Car is a 1970 Lotus Elan SE S4 that has been one of the best drivers I have ever had. The restoration was done recently by a well known race car mechanic and custom fabricator. The car does not leak oil and has a number of period mods and newer mods to make it more reliable but can be easily returned to 100% original. Everything worked since I have owned the car and it still does. Some of the mods include splined rear rear half shafts, aluminum radiator, and electric headlamp motors, etc.,all done exceedingly well and again can be returned to the original if need be. The car has always started, hot or cold, and runs smoothly with remarkable consistency. The engine was rebuilt with custom valve seals and does not burn a lick of oil. The entire car had been restored and everything was gone through and rebuilt with reliability in mind. Paint is fantastic and shows little or no stress cracks at all and no blisters in the paint showing the care that was taken during preparation. Overall the car is not a 100% concor trailer queen, but a very exceptional driver that looks and performs great. I have the car listed on craigslist in hopes of finding a local buyer that could look at the car personally before listing in eBay or overseas. So if you are looking for a car that you can use and have fun with today and for years to come, this is the car you want. See the listing here:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5081947388.html

FRONT.JPG and

SIDE.JPG and

BILLY'S ELAN 001.JPG and

BILLY'S ELAN 010.JPG and
gearbox
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: gearbox » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:17 pm

Hi All;

I've been getting a lot of emails saying that the car is under priced and asking what is wrong with the car. Let me say that the car is 100% mechanically perfect, but like I have said it is not a 100 point concourse trailer queen. There are minor cosmetic flaws here and there, but I am extremely picky. But these are the things that happen when you actually drive a car. I spent a lot of time looking before buying this car, and even the cars that reported to be perfect, was not in my eyes. But I believe the price I am asking is fair.

Reason I am selling is that I have way too many cars, 22 and counting, and several restorations underway. I am not a dealer or business, but I really have a passion for these cars and love the chase, from barn finds to finding the obscure bit to make it complete. Like I have mentioned, I have a 69 SE that I will be finishing shortly and now completely out of space. I also work overseas 9 months out of the year, so I have to let go of something. The car has been in the NJ/Pa. area all of it's life and I want to try to keep it in the region or at least in the US. I know these cars are going for insane prices in the UK and have some friends there that has been asking about it, but again, I prefer keeping it here. Ergo the Craigslist ad and posting it here on this forum. Please give me a call at (908) 377-6773 if you have any questions and I will be happy to answer anything you want. Thanks Allan
gearbox
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:12 pm

gearbox wrote:Hi All;

Reason I am selling is that I have way too many cars, 22 and counting, and several restorations underway.

Whoa! :shock:
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gearbox » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:41 am

LOL, yeah you can call it a life long passion, or a sickness that makes heroin addiction seem like a mild yearning for something salty. Just can't help myself from finding vintage race or sports cars and being compelled to restore them. If you want a laugh, check out my website at www.TheLolaRegistry.com scroll down and click on "Project Cars", then click on any of the cars shown and see what I am doing with them. And this is only during the 4 months I'm back home a year. And despite needing to make room, I'm negotiating on a 70's Formula Super Vee as we speak. My left side of my brain is saying stop, you have no room left to even get into the garage nevertheless work on the cars, and then the right sides says, yeah, but it is so cool you have to get it. Guess who wins?
gearbox
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: gearbox » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:35 pm

Hi All;

I am happy to say, the car sold for asking and while not staying regionally, it will be in the US. The new owner Piers is a fellow enthusiast in Texas who appreciates the car and recognized a great deal when he saw it, kudos. For the number of inquiries that I got on the car from around the world after posting just a couple of days ago I have to believe the fellow members who contacted me about the price was right. Nevertheless, I am happy and elated that it had found a good home. Thank you for all the messages sent and now back to my 69 Elan and 62 Seven restoration. Cheers Allan
gearbox
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: exige012 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:41 pm

please contact me if deal doesnt close or if you know of another in nj
exige012
New-tral

Total Online: