1970 Elan S4/SE Coupe for sale

PostPost by: William Brown » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Time has come for me to sell my ElanI have owned it for over 40 years. It is an occasional driver in the summer, and has about 63,000 miles on the odometer.
Pictures of the car are at dropbox.com/sh/jb9vf6cvy7q7j7s/AAB8byw0JHMXFZdglAPw3bWLa

The car is in original condition, except.
- high flow air cleaner replacing stock canister,
- Moto-Lita steering wheel
- clutch master cylinder - larger diameter,
and replacement brake master cylinder
- Weber DCOE 40 replacing DCOE 36 carburettors
(carbs were recently cleaned and balanced

The car was repainted four years ago, and front this past winter. It has been kept in the original Gold Leaf Racing livery - Red, over White with a gold stripe along bumper line. Extra touchup paint comes with the car.

Condition
Body Trim and paint
The car is in original condition, All body panels, hood, doors and trunk lid are original, and all close and open nicely. The Gold Leaf Racing colors have been kept throughout the car?s life. There are no cracks or marks in the fiberglass.
Underside of the body and frame are original and solid.

Interior
Instruments, Radio and Switches
All instruments and (original) radio work. All switches work except, four way flasher and kill switch which are disconnected.
All trim is installed, there are two repaired cracks on the plastic transmission tunnel cover and one on the bottom of the right window post plastic cover. There is new rubber around the front window. The seats door panels, headliner and rear are original and in good condition, The dash has had new wood veneer cover, and the dash crash pad has vinyl cover as the original vinyl has a crack in the middle.
A MotoLita steering wheel replaces the stock Lotus steering wheel.

Electricals
Headlights, tail lights, brake lights turn signals, wipers and horn work. A new battery was installed last fall. The generator was cleaned and tested earlier this year.

Engine, Transmission
The original (numbers matching) engine is installed. It has about 10,000 miles since rebuilding. The weber carburetors were recently tuned and balanced. The engine comes with both standard points ignition and breakerless ignition. The transmission and differential are original and have had new lubricant installed last winter.

Suspension, Wheels, Tires and Brakes
Suspension bushings were replaced several years ago. Original knock on wheels are installed and in good condition. (Note there are wrench scratches on nuts). For most of the car?s life it ran on 165R 70/13 Pirelli tires. They rubbed a mark in the front fenders (shown in older photographs). New 155 80/13 tires have been installed and the rub marks repaired and car front repainted. All tires are new. The brakes have stainless steel pistons installed and new hoses connecting the callipers. This past winter DOT 4 brake fluid was replaced.

Known Issues
Battery hold down - front bolt stripped threads
Dash has been recovered for cracks
Helicoil inserted in left rear brake caliper bleed screw.
Plastic on center console has repaired cracks (photographed)
Veneer on dash is not perfect (photographed)

Purchase Information
I have done my best to accurately describe my car. It has a clean, clear title (no accidents or major repair) British Columbia Canada title.

Selling price for the car is $25,000 US.
The price is based on Hagerty value for Condition 2 and 3. Hagerty values include 15% increase for S4/SE Coupe over standard Elan.

If you are a UK person shipment to Southampton port costs $1,800. Information provided by UK MoT by e-mail indicates no import tax for the car into the UK.
William Brown
New-tral

PostPost by: robbie0023 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:55 pm

William,

It's time to stop communicating through EBAY. I stopped myself just before booking the flight to Nanaimo Airport. I would like to buy your Elan as long as I can see it first.
How would you like to be paid? The last car I purchased like this was done with a wire transfer from my bank to the seller's. I ordered the wire in advance so that I could call and stop the transfer of funds if the car was not to my liking. I cannot set this up until Monday.
Or if you have a paypal account I can pay you that way on the spot.

By the way I understand your attachment to your Lotus. I have had my Plus 2 since 1981.

~Bob Simmons
robbie0023
New-tral

PostPost by: William Brown » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:54 pm

Hi Bob

See you when you get here.

Thinking about your banking concern.
If you don't get everything resolved as fast as you want.
We can find a way to make it work.
William Brown
New-tral

PostPost by: William Brown » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:40 am

Car is not for sale now.
Keeping it!
William Brown
New-tral

Total Online: