Elan SS FHC

PostPost by: lotus66 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:59 pm

It is with deep regret that I am putting this car up for sale. 1968 Elan SS coupe project. It is a real SS and must be only a handful of true SS coupes left. Bought out of storage from a long term owner who says the motor was one of the last, possibly THE last Dave Bean did for a customer. It was never run up since assembly. Originally the same color as a BandAid, it is now white. But to be honest , it is a restoration case. The car is VERY straight and much better than some I've seen (or bought and restored). The frame is solid with surface rust, but have not had the body off to check. The body has no signs of major structural damage but the chin does need some repair. I have really not gotten into it but have removed the carpets. I have door panels, console, brake booster, hub caps-5, and other stuff. Will come with a Petronix Distributor and Coil, Rebuilt Super Starter, recovered seats. There is a lot right with this car to start on. It is very complete. You could do an SS restoration or do it up as a series 3.
Car is in Maryland. Looking for reasonable offers. Gotta go.
Please contact Jim at 240-626-9032 or email [email protected]
Attachments
DSCN1452.JPG and
DSCN1455.JPG and
DSCN1465 2.JPG and
DSCN1454.JPG and
DSCN1459.JPG and
DSCN1449.JPG and
DSCN1448.JPG and
DSCN1447.JPG and
DSCN1446.JPG and
lotus66