1965 Elan S2

PostPost by: lotusbaz » Fri May 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine passed away a few months ago and his widow has offered me the chance to buy his car that i have known for some time (not a Lotus). Consequently and unexpectedly i now need to sell my 1965 Elan S2 chassis number 26/4388. I have spent the last few months replacing the chassis with a Spider reconditioned unit, refurbing all of the suspension brakes steering etc. Spax adjustable shockers are fitted at the front. The engine has just had a complete rebuild and unleaded conversion and has done less than 100 miles.

The previous owner had the car painted in Sprint colours instead of the original BRG and although it looks OK there are some marks etc in the paint. I have also spent a lot of time and money trying to find a lot of the original parts which were missing, windscreen washer pump and switch, bonnet pull cables, heater control etc. I have not yet found an original steering wheel or centre console.
The car has a good hard top, soft top and tonneau cover. The car is fitted with minilite wheels and new tyres but i have five original wheels if required.

The car is taxed and tested until February 2013, the mileage is 97000 which i believe to be correct, the previous owner had the car for 25 years and hardly ever used it. I am looking for ?20,000 firm, no offers. Anyone in interested before it goes on Ebay?
Attachments
DSCF0021.JPG and
DSCF0028.JPG and
DSCF0019.JPG and
DSCF0011.JPG and
lotusbaz
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: