Early Plus 2 Project For sale 50/0017

PostPost by: tower of strength » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Second attempt! having issues with photos and text,

Elan Plus 2
50/0017

body shell in very presentable condition, with a few scrapes and nicks but hardly any cracks and no star bursts, compared to later cars the grp is much thicker and more durable, its metalic grey and sits on a replacement spyder chassis(non spaceframe) that has been rebuilt with new bushes,discs rotoflex etc, the list is endless!
The engine has been overhauled and is the later square main cap engine on webbers, as yet un run, and has an MT75 5 speed gearbox fitted with a new Recoprop custom propshaft, rebuilt distributor with HH ignition solutions electronic ignition and magnecor HT leads
there are various trim options with the car: early plus 2, or mostly leather S
I have a large amount of new, quality (Christopher Niel,Susan Miller or Paul matty) parts with the car includiing carpets,lights,soundproofing,looms,seatbelts,lights etc including a pair of new Carello tail lights (over ?400 a pair)

The car could either be completed as is and used, where I feel it would be a fun useable car, or could be reinstated with early dash and wiring as per original.

there must be an interesting story behind this unique car as it was built in 1967 and sold on September the 14th of that year, yet it wasn't registered till 1972!

I discovered the shell and purchased it 'blind' believing it was a 1972 S shell, mainly bare, to assist in the resurrection of my 1970 S project car, this painted decent looking shell seemed a cost effective way of speeding up my project. I only realised it was an early car when a friend pointed out that it was number 17 and not just any old plus 2.

email or call me if you are interested ,the car can be viewed near Daventry

and i can email further details and pictures
contact me (Mark) on 07511284461

my email address is [email protected]

Iam open to sensible offers and may consider breaking the car if someone buys the shell first, again sensible offers considered(I'm not giving it away or expecting eleventy million quid!!)
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: tower of strength » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:38 pm

in answer to the numerous "how much"? questions I have recieved, start talking around ?4500, this wouldn't cover the cost of the parts purchased for the car but i feel is a fair price based on current market value of some key parts (engine & rebuilt rolling chassis, would achieve this alone). car is also advertised on Pistonheads and I will over the next week or so advertise it in the weekly classic classifieds, both on and offline!

regards

Mark
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: tower of strength » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:57 pm

Car has now sold........moving on to wedges :D

regards

Mark
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Mark B » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:32 pm

tower of strength wrote:Car has now sold........moving on to wedges :D

regards

Mark

Potato wedges or TVR wedges? :lol:
Mark B
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tower of strength » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:59 am

1981 Lotus Elite S2.2 :D a fine slice of Norfolk cheddar!!
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: