1972 +2 S130 4 Speed For Sale in Minnesota, USA - SOLD

PostPost by: DABARTH » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:07 pm

The car is shipping soon to its new owner in MI. It's found a wonderful new owner. Cheers!

STATUS UPDATE:

Happy Monday -

This car has been in long term storage in the ownership of one of the country's biggest +2 fanatics. It comes with VOLUMES of paperwork history, and I will provide separately to interested parties who supply their email address with a link to the photos and videos I've accumulated thus far.

It's had the water pump replaced, Strombergs rebuilt, Pertronix installed, Clutch Master and Slave replaced, and the brake hydraulics are in the process of being rebuilt to the tune of near $800 by BRAKE AND EQUIPMENT in Minneapolis + the cost of kits from RD Enterprises..

The engine runs and has good and consistent oil pressure and compression across all cylinders and has had a fresh oil and filter change.

The underside is "clean - dirty" meaning that of a car that's been driven, but not banged up or rusted out. There are notes in its history of a repair having been made to one of the uprights, but pictures are available, and the work appears solid.

The lights work (as do the slowly operating windows), but the main thing this car will need is it's electrical gone through as the P.O. had started digging into things under the dash before becoming infirmed and the project stalled.

The tires are gorgeous, but are aged out. This car has u-joint drive axles.

The car was originally completely red, but the P.O. discovered metal flake under the roof and assumed/hoped it may have been a Gold Leaf painted car originally. Further research with Lotus heritage found that not to be the case, but he decided to repaint the top Gold Flake anyhow. To that end, the whole car has a "10 foot" finish. The body is remarkably straight and mostly free of sprider-webbing. It has one small whole (in pictures) at the bottom corner of the front passenger wheel arch, but in all will make for a relatively easy respray when/if the time comes.

The windshield and rear window gaskets should be replaced and at that time the windshield bright work could be addressed.

The interior of the car is quite nice with the glaring issues being a dash face needing attention and at one time one of the seats was replaced with a lower(higher?) backed alternative... no idea why.

This car is SOLID. It was lovingly owned. It is priced very well so as to make it easy enough for a new owner to have it back up and cruising relatively quickly and inexpensively. The price will rise as work continues to be completed on it. Can help with shipping in the U.S.A. if neccessary. $13K

First Wash 4 10-21-23.jpg and
Attachments
Compression Check #4 10-26-23.jpg and
Interior 5 10-22-23.jpg and
Dash 1 10-22-23.jpg and
First Wash 1 10-21-23.jpg and
Last edited by DABARTH on Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
220...221... Whatever it takes.
DABARTH
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: danielmo » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:51 pm

PM sent. Thanks.
danielmo
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: phvenice55 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:22 pm

Photos of interior, engine bay and underneath if you have them , please
Thanks Paul
phvenice55
New-tral

PostPost by: Plus2inFoCo » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:25 pm

I sent you a PM. Thank you.
Plus2inFoCo
New-tral

PostPost by: Cinbearcat83 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:34 pm

Is the car still available?
Kevin

1972 Elan +2 S130
Cinbearcat83
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: nellobell » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:40 am

Is the +2 still for sale? Please let me know as I am seriously interested in purchasing the +2.
I can be reached at [email protected]
Thanks Paul
nellobell
New-tral

PostPost by: DABARTH » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:05 pm

The car was sold, but I'll have a VERY early and special '67 +2 coming up for sale soon.
220...221... Whatever it takes.
DABARTH
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: