A Good Price?!?

PostPost by: cman_chris » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:50 pm

Can anyone advise me on what sort of figure would be a good price when looking to buy original replacement doors and a replacement boot lid for a Lotus s3 and s4? Does anyone know how much they would be with all the trimmings like glass panes in the doors and all the handles etc.??? Thanks, Chris.
cman_chris
New-tral

PostPost by: riverkeeper » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:19 pm

It's the door frames that'll be the expensive item as they are getting as rare as Rocking horse do do's.. expect to pay ?250 upwards for a pair of reasonable frames. Bit difficult to price the panels as it's down to condition, you might get a boot for ?25, pair of doorshells for ?75 but will end up spending a week stripping and putting them straight, re glassing materials etc. If you've got time and are on a strict budget then you'll proably save yourself a few quid but aside from the door frames and S3 doorshells(i think ?) you can pretty much get everything else new if your doing a rebuild. If your selling best check out previous for sale ads for guidance....

Wayne.
riverkeeper
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: bvt » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:40 pm

Whilst old panels may need work....
The fiberglass has matured and some people think it is far better to use old stuff.. Resin may seem to cure in hours/days but it is continually curing.. I have left a shell several years before painting... and found that even un touched it has cracked, so good job it was left.
bvt
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:35 am

I just sold two doors for about $120 US, and got $175 for a trunk lid, I've still got a RS used door. I sold a left side window assembly, in working condition minus the electric motor for $142.50. I have a right side window assembly, glass and all, for a 36 or S3 for sale, open to offers. Sold a locking door handle for $9.50, couldn't get a bid of nine bucks for the passenger side handle.
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pereirac » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:05 pm

Two complete door frames (with glass etc) just made ?430 on ebay, so if you can find the for ?250 a pair, grab them...

If you need handles etc. check the links on my web site www.lotuselan.co.uk because I found a good source in the UK at a very reasonable cost.
Carl

72 Elan Sprint
87 Excel SE
97 Alpina B10

http://www.lotuselan.co.uk
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: