Are these parts of interest to anyone?

PostPost by: wdb » Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:48 pm

(Moderators please move this if not appropriate. I'm new here, the "for sale" forum appears to be for complete cars, and I am not really trying to sell this stuff but rather see if I can find a new home for any of it.)

I recently acquired an Elan from its original owner, which person has spent 50-ish years maintaining the car, collecting spares, and so on. I am a tad overwhelmed by all of it if I'm honest. As I collect all of the items I am coming across some that I do not see myself ever needing. They may be worthless, in which case I will recycle them. Or perhaps someone can use them, which is the reason for this thread. Thanks in advance to the collective knowledge of this group in helping me sort through it all!

More to come.
wdb
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: wdb » Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:55 pm

First up is this oil pan. It appears to have been modified, but maybe not. If someone needs other pictures or angles please let me know.

op1_1.JPG and

op1_2.JPG and

op1_3.JPG and

op1_4.JPG and

op1_5.JPG and

op1_6.JPG and

op1_7.JPG and
wdb
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: wdb » Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:09 pm

Another oil pan. This one has some scuffs...

op2_1.JPG and

op2_2.JPG and

op2_3.JPG and

op2_4.JPG and

op2_5.JPG and

op2_6.JPG and

op2_7.JPG and

op2_8.JPG and
wdb
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:17 pm

The second sump is a 6 bolt front bowl sump. They are in short supply and sort after. So certainly has some value even if not in great condition.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: wdb » Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:19 pm

Next up, a selection of starters! Exciting!!

starters_1.JPG and

starters_2.JPG and

starters_3.JPG and

starters_4.JPG and

starters_5.JPG and

starters_6.JPG and

starters_7.JPG and
wdb
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: wdb » Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:22 pm

A set of 4 connecting rods. These appear to be completely unused, NOS items. Only one of them has been unwrapped so I could get clear photos of the markings.

rods_1.JPG and

rods_2.JPG and

rods_3.JPG and
wdb
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: wdb » Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:16 pm

mbell wrote:The second sump is a 6 bolt front bowl sump. They are in short supply and sort after. So certainly has some value even if not in great condition.

Thanks for that. Would this have come from an Elan and/or would it fit an Elan? The prior owner also owned Cortinas, which is why I ask.
wdb
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:40 pm

wdb wrote:A set of 4 connecting rods. These appear to be completely unused, NOS items. Only one of them has been unwrapped so I could get clear photos of the markings.

rods_1.JPG

rods_2.JPG

rods_3.JPG

They are Cortina rods, desired by Formula Ford owners and Cortina owners.
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:18 pm

wdb wrote:
mbell wrote:The second sump is a 6 bolt front bowl sump. They are in short supply and sort after. So certainly has some value even if not in great condition.

Thanks for that. Would this have come from an Elan and/or would it fit an Elan? The prior owner also owned Cortinas, which is why I ask.

Yes, it'll fit an Elan. The rear seal carrier and pickup will be different than the 4 bolt pan. Also
commonly known as a 6 bolt pan, ie, the crankshaft has six bolt holes for the six bolt flywheel.
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: wdb » Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:05 pm

gjz30075 wrote:Yes, it'll fit an Elan. The rear seal carrier and pickup will be different than the 4 bolt pan. Also
commonly known as a 6 bolt pan, ie, the crankshaft has six bolt holes for the six bolt flywheel.
Yes, that makes more sense now; the prior owner swapped a 6-bolt block/crank/etc. into this car, which explains why he has this pan as a spare. He also saved the original block/crank and associated bits.

StressCraxx wrote:They are Cortina rods, desired by Formula Ford owners and Cortina owners.

Ah-ha. So marked! Thank you.
wdb
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: