Fat Boy Radiator Hose

PostPost by: Cadence » Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:13 am

Hello,

I’m planning to fit a Coolex Fat Boy radiator upgrade and also considering fitting a raised thermostat housing to avoid air in the system.

I’ve two questions please.

- Is the new thermostat housing worth it?

- Can I reuse the standard top hose with the new thermostat housing as it’s relatively new? If not, what hose should I fit ?

Thanks for your feedback
Cadence
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: lotusfan » Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:09 am

Hi Cadence

The raised thermostat housing is definitely worth it in terms of ease of getting air out of the system but wether it is worth it financially that is up to you. The Coolex thermostat housing is £60, the pipe appears to point the right way but it does not have a temperature sensor tapping. The Burton Power thermostat housing is £93.60, the pipe points towards the side but it does have a sensor tapping.

I would guess the Coolex housing allows use of the normal top hose, the Burton one needs a right angled hose. I have a Burton housing fitted and used a straight length of hose, a joiner and a right angled piece of hose.
Mike
72 Sprint DHC
lotusfan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Phil.C60 » Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:01 pm

Hi Cadence, you have a pm. The Coolex thermostat housing does indeed point the right way and the original top hose will fit. You don't need the thermo switch provision because the Fat Boy has it in the top of the radiator in front of the top hose inlet.
Regards, Phil
Phil.C60
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Cadence » Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:33 pm

Thank you both for your speedy replies.

That’s helped fill in the blanks on my cooling upgrade plans.

PM sent to Phil
Cadence
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: