Elan S4 Fuel Pump kit

PostPost by: filippe » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:39 am

Hi

Can anyone help with finding a repair kit for a glass bowled fuel pump on a 1970 S4 Elan? There are lots of kits available but non seem to have the oil seal for the diaphram rod that sits in the bottom half of the pump.

Any help much appreiciated.
filippe
New-tral

PostPost by: Gordon Sauer » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:13 am

I’ve retained glass fuel pumps on two of my cars and I remember at one point coming across a source that I recorded as possibly being useful if I ever needed help with them which fortunately I have not, But it is Terrell machine company, 1000 CR 454 de Leon Texas phone number 254.8932610, Gordon
Gordon Sauer
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: GLB » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:50 am

try these people. I have not bought from them but have bookmarked the site because they seem to have lots of useful stuff. Gary

https://www.flexolite.co.uk/categories/ ... fuel-pumps
GLB
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Simmo78 » Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:59 pm

I can second the Flexolite recommendation, I purchased the exact same seal that you're looking for only last year.

However I'm not sure if it was an anomaly with my fuel pump or with all Elan fuel pumps - but I could not find the correct diaphragm, and I tried and rang many different suppliers. All the diaphragms I tried had the same problem - when the holes lined up the metal shaft wouldn't and vice versa. Ended up having to use the old one.
Attachments
IMG_3200 copy.jpeg and
Simmo78
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: