OJW 101E Elan S3 FHC

PostPost by: Pastapesto » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:05 pm

Hello everyone...just asking for a friend who owned the above Elan S3 FHC back in the late 60's-early 70's.
I have checked on the government's website and the last time it was taxed was in 1992.....Does anyone here know anything about this car? The previous owner would just love to know it's still out there somewhere.....obviously it may no longer be a coupe.......when my friend owned it it was a dark blue but in '92 it had become a yellow car......

Hopefully someone remembers it?

Thanks in advance....

Adam
Pastapesto
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Philjay » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:08 pm

Hi Adam
Only just seen this enquiry when I was wondering if there was anything on the net re my old Elan.

I actually owned the car for 8 years, finally selling it to Kent Sportscars in 1995.

Indeed the car was yellow when I owned it. The previous owner, a chap in Stoke, did a partial restoration on it and changed the chassis to a Spyder and resprayed it Ford Sulphur Yellow (a close match to Safety Yellow)

I ran it daily for work and leisure and it stood me in good stead. I steadily restored it to a higher level, mechanics, electrics and interior. and it was an excellent car, very reliable by the time I finished with it. Circumstances dictated the reluctant sale after 8 years, it was replaced with a Scorpio Granada, a slight size difference there :-)

Maybe Kent Sportscars will have records of where it went next.

Cheers
Phil
Philjay
New-tral

Total Online: