Jim Clark Museum Visit.

PostPost by: fastcat7 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:08 am

I have very recently been up and visited the Jim Clark Museum in my Elan Sprint and decided to blat some of the local roads in the area before our Pre-booked time slot.

While driving the roads my co-driver shot some video on my ipad. When we got to the Museum my co-driver said to me your driving an Elan so park outside the main door which I did.

Anyway the Curator loved us parking the Elan on the front and asked if I minded her taking photos of my car.

I told her of course not take as many as you like which she did. I then also told her that we had been driving the local roads that morning and that I had the footage on my Ipad.

She asked could she have a look at it and then asked if I would share the footage for them to use in the Museum.

Of course I was more than honoured for them to have the footage and she also told me that I would also be mentioned as the driver when they display it .

I have now posted the raw footage on my YouTube chanel called Victoria Bailey with the video called Driving Jim Clarks local roads in my 1972 Lotus Elan Sprint.

Sorry I would post a link to the video but as I am posting this from my phone I don't know how to.

I would think Tim Wilkes will be along shortly and post a link as he has seen the video.

Hope you enjoy it and please Comment Subscribe and Share as there will be lots more posted about my Elan Sprint and other car related videos.

Vicki. :D :D
Attachments
IMG-20211007-WA0002.jpg and
Outside The Jim Clark Museum
fastcat7
Lightest is Usually Fastest
fastcat7
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:12 pm

Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/Jpkg8dvXn9M

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: baileyman » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:18 pm

Ha. Surprise ending...

John
Last edited by baileyman on Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baileyman
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: TBG » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:05 pm

Lights up, bonnet open? Not normal in my car!! D
TBG
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: fastcat7 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:14 pm

Lights on so I can be seen bonnet up explained in the video comments for the reason why it was up.- :D :D
fastcat7
fastcat7
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: fastcat7 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Lights on so I can be seen bonnet up explained in the video comments for the reason why it was up.- :D :D
baileyman wrote:Ha. Surprise ending...

John
I thought is was funny as he must of heard us coming for ages. We followed him up to the police station allowing him to reverse into the station as ee passed him he gave us a big thumbs up. :D :D
fastcat7
fastcat7
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: TBG » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:36 pm

Thanks. I did not read the comments! On the one occasion my bonnet became unlatched it came up so far I could not see very far! Headlights up slow you down!! Fit driving lights behind the grill! D
TBG
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: miked » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:15 pm

I like it Vicki. Nice to see you using it confidently. Looks and sounds like the car is pretty sorted.
Not been out in mine much due to newly completed paint job and a house move.
Enjoyed looking through your windscreen and listening to your motor. 8) 8)
Can't wait get back out in mine.
:D :D :D
Cheers Mike
Mike

Elan S4 Zetec
Suzuki Hustler T250
Suzuki TC120R trailcat
Yamaha YR5
Suzuki Vstrom 650XT
Suzuki TS185K
miked
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: fastcat7 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:35 pm

TBG wrote:Thanks. I did not read the comments! On the one occasion my bonnet became unlatched it came up so far I could not see very far! Headlights up slow you down!! Fit driving lights behind the grill! D

I have fitted a 550mm light bar behind 5h3 grill just undecided weather to fit it to the main beam circuit or through a switch. I am also going to convert from Vacuum to actuators as the thought of having just side lights in the dark nights is no to appealing :shock:
fastcat7
fastcat7
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: fastcat7 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:49 pm

miked wrote:I like it Vicki. Nice to see you using it confidently. Looks and sounds like the car is pretty sorted.
Not been out in mine much due to newly completed paint job and a house move.
Enjoyed looking through your windscreen and listening to your motor. 8) 8)
Can't wait get back out in mine.
:D :D :D
Cheers Mike

The car is well sorted Mike the only thing that needs doing is fitting the burton Timing Tower conversion but as the engine and New chassis where fitted by Miles Wilkins I can't to remove a single head bolt as the car will lose a great part of its history Susan Miller is going to have a word with Miles for me and see if he will do the conversion with appropriate paperwork.

I am also considering taking the Engine and gearbox out and storing them for posterity. As I am in Contact with John Wilcox and trying to secure a build slot for a weber Fueled BDG As my Elan is never going anywhere but to Tony Thompson Racing when I eventually stop driving as They have told me that they are having my car because they know exactly What Ihave put into the car. :D :D
fastcat7
fastcat7
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: