How to avoid a duff one

PostPost by: jimj » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:42 am

I was given this magazine yesterday from 1992. The article was quite the best I`ve read, (with only a small error about rear lights). Essential reading for anyone thinking of buying an Elan.
I see the writer was Mark Hughes, maybe the same Mark Hughes who`s reports and insight on F1 in Motor Sport magazine put other journalists to shame. Incidentally, the (so-called) chief F1 writer ; Andrew Benson, who copies out what others have have discovered on the BBC website is a waste of license payers money, though the license fee is excellent value, but that`s another matter/rant.
Jim
P.S. I`ve uploaded the scans in numerical order but they may/will come out in reverse order.
Attachments
elano-010.jpg and
elano-009.jpg and
elano-008.jpg and
elano-007.jpg and
elano-006.jpg and
elano-005.jpg and
elano-004.jpg and
elano-003.jpg and
elano-002.jpg and
elano-001.jpg and
jimj
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:58 pm

Thanks for posting Jim, I have saved all those scans in my archive.

I enjoyed reading and it's pretty sound advice apart from a few howlers, for instance the dashboard comparison between S1 & S4 jumped out at me. I'm pretty sure walnut dashes were not original equipment in an S4 as mentioned on the page below.

Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:12 pm

I have a copy of that Jim; all good stuff. Yes, it's the same Mark Hughes.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:57 pm

To get photos to display in the exact sequence that you desire, use the "Place Inline" feature.

Click in your posting where you want the first picture, then Click the "Place Inline" button of the first picture; then do the same for the rest of the pictures.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: