Type 26 sold new without soft top?

PostPost by: Tahoe » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:34 pm

64 pricelist.jpg and

I've asked this question before while imbedded in another thread so thought I'd ask this thought provoking question in it's own thread. I never received a response last time.

If you bought a fully built S2 Elan and ordered the hardtop, did that mean the soft top was not included unless you ordered it separately?

I'm sure that the standard answer to this question would be "..you could order it anyway you wanted.", however the picture shown specifically says hardtop (no soft top), for options on a fully built S2 Elan. Anyone have first hand knowledge of this?
Tahoe
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:44 pm

I suspect that it was assumed that if you wanted a hard top, you were never going to need a soft top. A bit like a FHC.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Tahoe » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:04 pm

I'm assuming that if ordered that way you wouldn't get the tenax studs unless you ordered a tonneau, but then again who knows. I personally have used my soft top once in the last 4 years, and would most likely use my hardtop much more. When I owned my Sunbeam Tigers and Alpines I never used the soft top. I used to use the hard top a lot in the Fall and WInter.

Still curious if anyone has ever heard of type 26, other than a race car, ordered that way.
Tahoe
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: